Any such thing as non Shimano non SRAM 9sp shifters ?

Funny - I was looking at Disraeli Gears and Stronglight had 9speed shifters and mechs - probably re-engineered Sachs

Hey @ibbz, sorry abt the late reply.. i've been hotfooting it all over the place today..

Seems like the lads have got you on the right track

They are indeed SL-BS77 as @Gtpulse mentioned, quality is fantastic, very positive shifting with a firm/fast/accurate clunk

I think front mech is friction and rear is friction/index

^Truth

Only other thing worth mentioning.. the Paul Thumbies come in 3x different shifter mounts

Sram has negative square

sram_thumbie_thumbnail.jpg

Shimano has positive square

shimano_thumbie_tn.jpg

Microshift has positive square +thread
microshift_tn-1.jpg

...so make sure you get the correct mount for your shifter.

I have a brand new pair of Dura Ace Thumbies from SJS without the shifters.. if you want them for £20 shipped give me a hola

IMG_2721.JPG

..a better view of mine

fullsizeoutput_3327.jpeg

Hey @ibbz, sorry abt the late reply.. i've been hotfooting it all over the place today..

Seems like the lads have got you on the right track

They are indeed SL-BS77 as @Gtpulse mentioned, quality is fantastic, very positive shifting with a firm/fast/accurate clunk

^Truth

Only other thing worth mentioning.. the Paul Thumbies come in 3x different shifter mounts

Sram has negative square

sram_thumbie_thumbnail.jpg

Shimano has positive square

shimano_thumbie_tn.jpg

Microshift has positive square +thread
microshift_tn-1.jpg

...so make sure you get the correct mount for your shifter.

I have a brand new pair of Dura Ace Thumbies from SJS without the shifters.. if you want them for £20 shipped give me a hola

View attachment 691942

..a better view of mine

View attachment 691943
Thank you!
I’m awaiting a response from a seller here who has the Paul’s shimano in silver for £55.
Still a bit steep for me but I’ll ask if he responds

I think after all this - these have the quality look and ‘Vibe’ I’ve been after - and after hearing they shift beautifully has me sold!!

Cool,

Are you going to pass on the DA mounts?

Others are interested so i'll let them go if you're sticking with Paul's

Cool,

Are you going to pass on the DA mounts?

Others are interested so i'll let them go if you're sticking with Paul's
Thanks for the offer man.
I’ll be sticking with Paul for now - though i wouldn’t have been able to buy anything until later what week anyhow.
But thanks so much for the info and pics and convincing !!

Latest posts

Back