Serotta TiMax or ATi, Calling On Serotta Wizards for Identification

I like the early SID gen 1 & 2 forks in general. Due to the interesting cable guides around the seat clamp/stays and absolute lack of a serial number ANYWHERE, I wonder if this is a Serotta frame at all :LOL: My knowledge is limited and the PO was clear on being a Klein lover, not a Serotta lover. I need to break out my calipers and flexi tape measure and collect some frame data like you did with your Klein.

The dropout design and thickness
Lack of a serial number
Crazy cable management at the seat clamp
Backwards seat clamp design
Seat tube height above the top tube/ seat tube/ seat stay junction
Top tube cable routing only
Flared head tube at the races to accept headset cups

I dont know, ahhhhhhhhh! 😏

Have you seen this thread? Only x2 pages, but some good photos on first page of thread:

Mahalo for the link. Nice pics. No match though. In 94’ the cable routing was still heading along the down tube for the derailleurs. Also there is no flanging of the head tube for headset cups. The search continues!

Very nice this.

I reckon it would look cool with the AMP.

But I'd find yourself a nice Judy FSX.

Would look the dog's and be era appropriate at the same time.

Assuming it is, in fact, a mid90s Serotta.

Assuming it is, in fact, a mid90s Serotta.
It could be a custom.
🤔 I didn't consider that. I am hoping the people at Serotta get back to me. Also, I don't have any reason or bad vibes to disagree with the PO telling me the bike is a Serotta. He couldn't recollect on it being a 95' or 96', Ti-Max or Ati. He had plenty of money and a garage full of Kleins. I didn't get the impression he was trying to unload trash. More questions than answers at this point, fun times!

Mahalo for the link. Nice pics. No match though. In 94’ the cable routing was still heading along the down tube for the derailleurs. Also there is no flanging of the head tube for headset cups. The search continues!
I saw that it wasn't a match, but thought it would add to the evidence trail to help you decipher what frame you have! Whatever frame it is, it looks lovely! 👌:cool:

Back