Selling bikes at train stations

Re:

suburbanreuben":3bdbk407 said:
and you could then just withdraw the item from sale.
no sale, no fee...

Provided there's no Buy It Now and no chance of anyone else bidding before buyer turns up.
But that would be fee avoidance :shock:
;)

Well I just rang him to find out how genuine he was and told him its not normally how I do business, he's making all the right noises and its going to be a private sale. So wish me luck.

Re: Re:

mtbnut":2qdhxhmt said:
suburbanreuben":2qdhxhmt said:
and you could then just withdraw the item from sale.
no sale, no fee...

Provided there's no Buy It Now and no chance of anyone else bidding before buyer turns up.
But that would be fee avoidance :shock:
;)

Hope not.

i got robbed at the train station on the way to meet a seller off ebay
a bag of crisps is 92p!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

like others say its a bit dodgey cash or paypal you could get robbed 1 way or the other

but scammers are 1 thing, some stations are in places were i would not want to be there even for the amount of time it takes to show up an board the train let alone hanging about with a bike, even a cheap one

Whether you are going to meet to sell, or buy, always have someone with you!

I never go alone to buy anything these days, i dont turn up mob handed with a transit full of heads, but at least one friend with you just in case is always a good idea!

Unless, like me, you have no friends.
I one sold a car on Trademe (NZ Ebay).
The buyer flew in, met in the airport car park, paid cash and drove home.
I did have a friend then to drive me home - the good old days.

Ive donr similar deals at motorway service stations, me buying stuff and an o couple of times selling

Write a receipt 2 copirs so that both of you are covered, 200 quid aint worth worrying about.

I thought this would be a post of someone standing with a pair of bolt cutters and you point to the bike you like to buy.

Re:

It does no harm being suspicious of people, I would go with someone, make sure if they testride you have the cash first.

02gf74 said:
Ive donr similar deals at motorway service stations, me buying stuff and an o couple of times selling

Write a receipt 2 copirs so that both of you are covered, 200 quid aint worth worrying about.

£200 is a lot of £10 bags of smack an 10 rocks of crack depending were you live
an umbro watch would be tempting to a baghead

Back