Scott Pro Evolution 1991 FINISHED :) A couple of new parts..

Couple of new parts.

I think I am totally finished now... :D

I have swapped the original STI M91's for some later ST-M739's (I do prefer these to use over the M91's). The stem has been swapped for a black Syncros item, the bars are now Easton CT2 carbon, the seat is a Flite Kevlar and the front mech is a FD-M736. She now rides alot better... :LOL:

Some pictures:

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Next to my Marin Pine Mountain, '91 was a good year!

DSC00850.jpg

Ta,

First post here so quick........Hi!

Just wanted to say that you've done a cracking job there. I've that exact bike sat in my garage, unridden since 1994 when I got my Kona Kilauea (shed's tear as I snapped the rear stay and got a Kula as a replacement).

I loved the Scott but having not ridden it for over 15 years!!! and not likely to I wonder should I let it go. I've still got the Kula and a old Santa Cruz Chameleon all of which need some love.

I really admire you efforts there, you've almost inspired me to bring my collection back to life!

Cheers

natcot":1n29piyj said:
First post here so quick........Hi!

Just wanted to say that you've done a cracking job there. I've that exact bike sat in my garage, unridden since 1994 when I got my Kona Kilauea (shed's tear as I snapped the rear stay and got a Kula as a replacement).

I loved the Scott but having not ridden it for over 15 years!!! and not likely to I wonder should I let it go. I've still got the Kula and a old Santa Cruz Chameleon all of which need some love.

I really admire you efforts there, you've almost inspired me to bring my collection back to life!

Cheers

Hi...

I was originally looking for a Windriver as I purchased one new back in 1991 when I was 16... I loved that bike! The Pro Evo came up and I could not resist... I have re-built this Pro Evo to a standard that I really wanted... I like the carbon bits and the standard M735/6 XT parts. I nearly went M900 but I thought I would keep the main parts to period XT as it came with... Well, apart from the later rapidfire M-739's...

Don't sell the Evo, dig it out and re-build it! You don't see many of them anymore...

Ta,

Dan. :D

stem and bar looks very good!
how works dedicated for V brakes 739 STIs with cantis?
and - unfortunately - I've to tell You that people knowing Scott will know that logo on top tube isn't original... That one was on catalogues, clothes, accesories etc, but for frames Scott always had leaning logotype...

skolioza":1memb25n said:
stem and bar looks very good!
how works dedicated for V brakes 739 STIs with cantis?
and - unfortunately - I've to tell You that people knowing Scott will know that logo on top tube isn't original... That one was on catalogues, clothes, accesories etc, but for frames Scott always had leaning logotype...

The M739's work OK with the Canti's, no different really to the M-091's... XT SLR Canti's are never as good as XT V brakes...

Yeah thanks, I know the Scott script is not correct and the original leans from left to right... Not many peole pick up on it, only the likes of us... :LOL:

Dan, I'm not that fussed about selling the Scott, but the reality is that with kids, wife etc and a long daily commute on my bike there isn't much cash or time for bike builds............then again yours does look good and it would be nice to recapture my youth!!!

Waiting for my first Scott to arrive from Germany - thanks to Marcin for the tip off.... :cool:

Going with a Mag 21 front end, methinks...

Mr K

Attachments

• Scott Evo Pro 1.jpg
    Scott Evo Pro 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,344
Waiting for my Scott Evo to arrive from Germany - thanks to Marcin for the tip off.... :cool:

Going with a Mag 21 front end, methinks... should be ready in time for some OW marshalling dutues! :)

Mr K

Attachments

• Scott Evo Pro 1.jpg
    Scott Evo Pro 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,344
natcot":1jwfq3zm said:
Dan, I'm not that fussed about selling the Scott, but the reality is that with kids, wife etc and a long daily commute on my bike there isn't much cash or time for bike builds............then again yours does look good and it would be nice to recapture my youth!!!

I know what you mean... I can only do this now as I am single... The Scott hardly gets used as it is more of an piece of furniture... Stupid really but the Marin PM is my usable everyday set of wheels. As long as you keep the Scott then that is good... I am sure there will be some spare time for you in the future!

Dan.

Latest posts

Back