1991 Carrera Quattro Pro

mclaren680

Marin Fan
pro-UhAnZnbc.jpeg
pro-9jZaTPV1.jpeg
pro-laSBn52U.jpeg
pro-0rqmJvrz.jpeg

Just picked this up from someone who has stored this indoors for a long time; it's barely ridden. The surface layer of dust/grime so far is wiping off really easily.

The M730/732 XT full groupset (minus headset and seatpost) including black chainset and black hubs is all in fantastic condition bar the left crank with some minor wear near the pedal. It even has what appears to be the original hardly used XT canti brake blocks still installed.

2x Panaracer Smokes are in hardly used condition so I'm guessing these are the relaunched tyre but not 100% sure on first glance.

The 531 Magnum frame hasn't got a single dent or scratch on, bar the stickers starting to peel a little so I may get a fresh set from Gil at some point, assuming he has them on file. The paint up close is actually lovely, sort of a dark bronze/black speckle/splatter.

Hmmmm... what to do......clean and sell on, part out or keep and restore a little??

Very capable bikes,had 1 myself too many got bought and then stripped for parts

Attachments

• 20220927_131928.jpg
    20220927_131928.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Those look like original Smokes to me, they don’t say “classic” which the reissues do. Tidy looking example, give it a once over and enjoy 😎.

Those look like original Smokes to me, they don’t say “classic” which the reissues do. Tidy looking example, give it a once over and enjoy 😎.
And that's why we are all on this site; there's always someone who can answer a question. Thanks!

Find yourself a boutique steel frame to transfer all that lovely black xt kit onto ..
I've decided to part out and use the frame to create a riser stem/drop bar conversion with XT 1x9 since the low front end geo doesn't suit me all that well. I imagine cleaned up the wheelset/tyres and black XT group will pay for the original purchase and the conversion parts so I'll get a free bike with I'd actually use.

Back