1991 Carrera Quattro Pro

I picked one of these up from local car boot and it got the usual strip treatment with all the kit going on my cirrus. My cousin designs for Halfords and has two immaculate quattros as there were two generations with different lugs etc. They were Dawes frames and had options of the black or silver group; we haven't worked out if there was a timeline for issue on the groupsets.

I picked one of these up from local car boot and it got the usual strip treatment with all the kit going on my cirrus. My cousin designs for Halfords and has two immaculate quattros as there were two generations with different lugs etc. They were Dawes frames and had options of the black or silver group; we haven't worked out if there was a timeline for issue on the groupsets.
My one (Identical e stay like op) has Saracen drop outs, I assumed built by Saracen. One of my road Carreras definitely has Dawes features. Like seat stay top eyes and brake cable ports in the top tube.
Are you referring to the non e stay version as mine is tig welded?

Yes, you're right. I think that's why there's two distinct frame types. Saracen had an estay frameset out at the same time so makes sense.

aef6f6fc-f62c-4b51-b2df-3efd992acda1.jpg
e1f475c7-0f4b-4091-aa62-fe3d7e20577d.jpg
43e198ea-4513-440e-9517-bee40ac51242.jpg

Mock up / almost finished build.

Went 1x10 with XT M786 clutch derailleur with a Sunrace 11-42t cassette. I had to go XT as the sticker on the chain stays commands me to.

I had a brand new Mavic Crossride wheelset with Halo H Blocks not married up to anything quirky too so decided this was the bike to use it on.

Added Avid V brakes/levers, Trans X NOS magenta skewers and seat clamp, purple cable ends and bottle cage.

Talking of stickers...spent the evening hairdryer-ing, peeling and sticky stuff removing the top tube and down tube main decals as they were on their way out and peeling anyway; plus the paint is actually amazing. I may or may not replace them.

View attachment 839386
View attachment 839387
View attachment 839389

Mock up / almost finished build.

Went 1x10 with XT M786 clutch derailleur with a Sunrace 11-42t cassette. I had to go XT as the sticker on the chain stays commands me to.

I had a brand new Mavic Crossride wheelset with Halo H Blocks not married up to anything quirky too so decided this was the bike to use it on.

Added Avid V brakes/levers, Trans X NOS magenta skewers and seat clamp, purple cable ends and bottle cage.

Talking of stickers...spent the evening hairdryer-ing, peeling and sticky stuff removing the top tube and down tube main decals as they were on their way out and peeling anyway; plus the paint is actually amazing. I may or may not replace them.
Mine is coming along nicely too. Thanks David 😁

Back