Schumacher returns...this should be fun!

This should be fun :D
Although i'd be very surprised if he won anything this year, apart from not racing for so long, he is 40 years old, about 10 years older than the rest of the pack :oops:
I think his presence will have a bigger impact (in an intimidating way)rather than his actual performance.

I never really like him before, although i admired his skill. I always thought he'd done a deal with the devil because the luck the guy had was incredible! Maybe the deal still stands ;)

Defiant":3uwtah9j said:
Russell":3uwtah9j said:
Its sad that Ferrari don't have any 'current' young talent that they can bring up the ranks.

it's also about marketing

Yes, which is why its a sad decision. They clearly do have other 'test' drivers and younger talent that could drive the car, but they've gone for the PR. But I guess thats what F1 is all about these days.

will be interesting to see. he can offer some guidance and experience on the team.

i heard bmw is getting out of the game.

Should be interesting alright!!!

From the BBC website:
'Schumacher has not driven an F1 car since April 2008 and competed in the last of his 249 grands prix in October 2006. And the most successful F1 driver of all time now has slightly more than three weeks to prepare himself for the European Grand Prix in Valencia.

The ban on in-season testing means Schumacher will not be able to turn a wheel of the 2009 specification Ferrari before first practice on Friday 21 August.'

We'll have to wait and see......

You've made me do! A bag! Not a pack! Of Opal Fruits!
I was at Doni this weekend for the GP (there is a link bare with me). Rossi binned it whilst in the lead (right in front of where i was watching). He had a bent handle bar and looked like his foot peg had snapped off! His talent stuck him back on and he finished 4th! Schumacher is a simular talent! I remember him dropping it in the Benetton @ Spa and still winning! Racing produces some mad talent sometimes that no matter where they are on the grid/mid race there is always a chance of a win! I'm thinking Rouse in the RS500 in touring cars early 90's!

16-1 odds on Skysports for a win! I think my bag of Opal Fruits are a good bet? Marketing? I'd buy a Ferrari off the back of a win! :LOL: Oh and remember he is the Stig!

Oh hairstream... is that a pic from the awesome movie 'Grand Prix'? Nice!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 823
This might be worth an email to my former boss to see what he thinks (both of us being ex members of Mclaren, him at the top, me just above cleaner status)

;)

Back