Sold Saracen Sahara Elite 1992 - Somerset

7plusoneisideal

Devout Dirtbag
Hello all, second post on here but been lurking for a while and had a different user name many years ago.

I need to shift a bike as I'm running out of space and I have a hankering for something retro and high end (see my wanted ad), it has a bit of a story as a mate of mine owned it from new, its funny really as I always admired this bike when I was young as it was much better than my Apollo, he didn't use it much to be honest and I always knew he had it stuffed in the garage somewhere, he was clearing out around 7 years ago and gifted me the bike, it was tired but complete and from what I could tell original, I got hold of it, striped it down had the frame powder coated and then stuck some decals on (sourced on here I think), its had new tyres, new saddle and new grips, seat clamp, other than that its pretty much all original, I used for camping and as a pub bike for a while but lost interest.

It does have its faults, headset is rough and bottom bracket is worn, shifters are very tight and there are a few scrapes here and there, but no dents or knocks. The decals have peeled off in places (I should of helitapped over them really) but it presents well and is a good snap shot of a just above entry level early UK MTB. I know that's its not particularly desirable as its not a high spec model, but it could be useful for someone.

It comes as it is with no pedals, no idea on size, but I'm 5'10" and it fits nice for me. Its probably an 18" frame ?

I am not totally aware of how much its worth, I probably put around £100.00 into building it, so I am going to ask a reasonable £50.00 (however if its far too much let me know please)

IMG_5254.jpg IMG_5255.jpg IMG_5256.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post? One of my first bikes, it got stolen:(and I would be interested for nostalgia reasons, shit the wife is going to kill me.
Edit: Withdrawing interest due to the simple fact that I currently have nowhere to put it, new shed on the way but until then I have to resist. Good luck with the sale though 👍

Last edited:
🤣 I know what you mean, when’s the new shed coming ? If you really want it I’d be happy to hang on for a a couple of weeks, would be good for it to go to a owner who wanted it for nostalgic reasons

I’d prefer not to post I’m up country the midlands and the north a fair we’re are you based ?

Last edited:
Update all - forgot to say I’d rather not post, but could I guess at buyers expense, I’m often near Birmingham/Rotherham/Rochdale/Swanseand Cardiff, so could deliver within reason

🤣 I know what you mean, when’s the new shed coming ? If you really want it I’d be happy to hang on for a a couple of weeks, would be good for it to go to a owner who wanted it for nostalgic reasons

I’d prefer not to post I’m up country the midlands and the north a fair we’re are you based ?
I'm in Northampton, I can sometimes get a mate with a van to pick bikes up for me but it depends on his schedule and the distance involved, I would be prepared to pay for postage but the shed won't be here for at least a couple of months. I'm having foundations laid first and the fella that's doing that is busy until the end of march.

I'll step aside for the moment and if someone else snaps it up then fair enough, and it should move quickly at that price, a very nice riding bike when everything's set up nicely, however if you still have it a bit closer to shed day I'll happily take it off your hands.

I'm in Northampton, I can sometimes get a mate with a van to pick bikes up for me but it depends on his schedule and the distance involved, I would be prepared to pay for postage but the shed won't be here for at least a couple of months. I'm having foundations laid first and the fella that's doing that is busy until the end of march.

I'll step aside for the moment and if someone else snaps it up then fair enough, and it should move quickly at that price, a very nice riding bike when everything's set up nicely, however if you still have it a bit closer to shed day I'll happily take it off your hands.
No worries

Back