Saracen Race Elite build.

Re: Co-incedenciometer in melt-down

hydorah":ccodlalu said:
Wow the amount of co-incidences here are amazing

I just got one of these in fab condition, courtesy of RBer "MikeC"

While having a google to try and find out stuff and maybe date it I found this thread!

Mine might be a different year to yours though as though having the Wolber rims, it differs in having DX hubs - it's even red just like yours

Mine has mish-mashed components too

So as you picked up LX/DX as you theme, I'm picking up DX for mine, if I can't get all the DX I need I'll fill in the blanks with XT

Great looking bike you've built!

Cheers hydorah!

Race elite were only made in 93 to my knowledge.. They were built from the kili racer frameset of 92 left overs. Basically a mish mash of 92/93 components hence the mix of 93 m560 lx, altus and 92 deore. I have seen a few on the web as original and non the same.

Dendy thats a cracking rebuild, makes me want an e-stay project next. Out of curiousity do you know the model of the Onza bar ends - I need some to finish Zaskar rebuild?

Bike looks awesome in red, how's it handle weightwise thinking of getting a small frame for the wife?

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt,

The onzas are i believe the "ski" bend and made out of alloy.

The bike weighs plenty at approx 28lb but this pales into insignificance when riding it. It feels very solid and robust and rides/handles like a bike fitting this description.

I see your from Halesowen - I got my 92 Saracen traverse fro Halesowen cycles. I went to school in Hagley and would often be seen bombing around Clent on my purple beast :oops:

Back