San Andreas - how old is mine?

Hi mate, I also have a pretty early SanAn frame with 11780 number on it. As MCsanandreas says it looks like it was stamped by the same spider. I have also contacted MountainCycle to sort this out, but they replied they didn't have any data from the past.

So at least two guys asked them - MCsanandreas and me :)

But our both numbers (11339 and mine 11780) seem pretty close - maybe they were made within the same week? Who knows?

I do also have suspenders and prostops for it.

Good luck with rebuild - SanAns are truly amazing bikes - I remember when I saw one in Holland back in '90s - I couldn't make a move :)

MCsanandreas":12wov9q1 said:
one(of the three)of mine has a serial number that looks like it was written by a drunken spider under the bottom bracket.

The serial numbers were done by hand with one of these.

electricengraver1.jpg

wooly pluto":12wov9q1 said:
But our both numbers (11339 and mine 11780) seem pretty close - maybe they were made within the same week? Who knows

The "factory" in San Luis Obispo was an industrial unit with a couple of, lets say, characters welding the frames. Picture the guys at Duck Commander on A&E's Duck Dynasty, only instead of decoy makers, they were aluminum welders. Things were rather lax there, starting at the top on down (Rob was reoccupied with all things helicopter, RC on up). It would have been a few months between the two frames, at least.

promo.jpg

Latest posts

Back