s/s curious

SS Rocks

yeah, singlespeed rocks :cool:
I found I was riding the old 94 Stumpy SS more than any others and tonight I will be finished with the M2 version. Hoping to keep it light. The frame weighs 3.6lbs and using the S works cranks, M2 S Works stem and s Works carbon bars and Avid 1.9 L levers on Xt V's so should be a bight lighter than the old steel. Still using the Mach 1 race wheels which are not that light and heavy old spec tyres and shraeder tubes, the tyres and tubes will be changed eventually. Also a SID hydra air fork.
Will stick a pic up later when finished.
Kaiser I notice you are frequenting the MTBR SS forum a bit these last few days ;)

Jamie

Oi Jamie, NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Putting suspension on a single speed defeats the whole point of simplicity, go rigid, its the true way, the path of righteousness :D

nah, only kidding, go with what works for you ;)

Re: SS Rocks

Jamiedyer":18l20rqv said:
Kaiser I notice you are frequenting the MTBR SS forum a bit these last few days ;)

:oops: aye have a look in now and again, I normally have a wee look round the 29er bit too......and the frame building, endurance, fat bikes..... :LOL: Actually hadn't been for a while till you mentioned the SSSC thang

SS

Velo, I do agree about the rigid but I have nothing to go on at the moment that would suite its more slightly modern appearance. I tend to only have Specialized direct drives and these are all earmarked for other frames. I will see how I go but if I like the frame, and how it rides singlespeed mor eto the piont, as its pretty much the same as my M4 S Works only 1/4 of a lb heavier, then I may look at a rigid carbon fork. We will see, as I've retired the 94 and this has taken its place, it could end up being the same. That is it may change spec quite a bit over the years to come, a continual work in progress. I picked up these forks cheaper than I could get a good condition DD rigid pair so will see how they go, they are in far better condition than I thought. The only one in my fleet with suspension is the modern M4.
I really would love a pair of the niner carbon forks in the red, then I seen the price £370 :shock:
Kaiser, its a great SS forum and I dont post much but check it out fairly regularly, SS, Specialized, Surly and VRC now and again.
Jamie

CHEERS

Cheers guys, i will look into it more once ive got the frame shot blasted & powder coated, got a quote of £40 for both inc forks, is this a good price ??? :?

Mac :roll:

M2 nearly finished

Well, I've just put the M2 together and just have the chain and brake cables to go. I have put the Surly tensioner on and my XT beartrap pedals, though will change these for some SPD's when I dig them out.
Put it on the scales when done, mind this is without a chain on it or brake cables and it comes in at 9.3 kilo, not sure what this is in lbs but it certainly feels lighter than my old steel Stumpy :)
I dont really like the silver XT brakes so will probably sell these on and get some Avid 5's in black or maybe 7's, so if anybody is after some then let me know before i put them on the for sale section. I've a full set and matching levers in silver.
Heres a couple of pics taken just before I finished.

Jamie

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

Ready

It will be rolling sometime tomorrow afternoon when I get in from work.
I have the chain and the cables ready to fit, and bar plugs and may even fit the NOS bar ends rather than my old scuffed ones :roll:
If I can get away this weekend, which is looking likely, then i will be on this for sure.

Jamie

Back