RPotM - February - Nominations now CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RPotM - February - Nominations now open

Did you know John West? My Uncle who ran the Putney shop, I had a CB from there in 63 ... ( I was 13 )

Re:

No, unfortunately I don't.
I am from '76 :)
The picture shows the previous owner from the bike. I wanted to take a last picture from him and his "baby" when I picked it up last weekend...
He might have known him tho

Do you happen to have old photos from the Shop? Or your uncle?
Cheers, Rogier

Re: Re:

creindesign":3eqpnhsf said:
No, unfortunately I don't.
I am from '76 :)
The picture shows the previous owner from the bike. I wanted to take a last picture from him and his "baby" when I picked it up last weekend...
He might have known him tho

Do you happen to have old photos from the Shop? Or your uncle?
Cheers, Rogier

This pic from 74...

Attachments

• JohnWest.jpg
    JohnWest.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 8,611
Re:

Thanks for sharing that! We should have an old photo thread on here, always love to see them and good for reference purposes as well.
Is your uncle the one on the left?
Ta, Rogier

I was probably the last customer at Putney, I learned from cycling weekly it was closing down and went on the last day of business never took much notice of what was in the front of the shop I went in the back and filled my boots. That was a mixed feelings day as well, I was almost in tears when I walked out. All my road bikes have parts from that days shopping on them. I'm proud to say I also have a Roy Thame which was built in the shop and rode with Roy once with the Hemel Hempstead Club which is where the inspiration for the orange a blue colour scheme of the Holdsworth team came from it was their club colours.

A great selection this month, thank you all.
Nominations are now closed and the poll will go up shortly.
Thanks

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back