BoTM Bike of the month February 2022 - fillet brazed special

Bike of The Month
It does look like a school metalwork project. It's hideous.
It has no engineering analysis of thread loads into the aluminium block of the stem, which would have been fine instead of the extra nuts.

It does look like a school metalwork project. It's hideous
Therein lies the beauty. It is the early roots of the sport, figuring out what works and what doesn't by building and riding it. It has lasted how many decades of North Shore riding? Engineering analysis, indeed.

Therein lies the beauty. It is the early roots of the sport, figuring out what works and what doesn't by building and riding it. It has lasted how many decades of North Shore riding? Engineering analysis, indeed.
By that thinking you should make bikes from scaffolding poles.

Seeing as I just wrapped up my Romax, I thought it would be fun to throw my name in the BoTM hat: Ryry_1985’s 1990 Brodie Romax

This is my first fillet brazed bike and, like many others, I appreciate fine craft building (in all things) and the time and attention to detail that is required to make objects by hand. Fillet brazed bikes are no exception to this statement and I am certainly happy to own one. Here’s a link to my Romax’s journey since receiving it back in Sept. 21 (finished photos on page 4): https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1990-brodie-romax-finished-page-4.440427/

Thanks for your consideration:)

1.jpg 2.jpg

Back