Round mother's for tea

I hope you are not suggesting anything improper! One never knows when the respondent is one of those dreadful chaps who frequent that den of iniquity, The Bikewrenchers.
ere, that's our hovel and we ain't gonna have you besmirch our good name by calling it a den.

I have no idea what times the meals are served they just are...like magic.

Breakfast is on the sideboard whenever I get up.

Carstairs strikes "1st gong" to remind us to put down the GnT and get dressed. Second gong is that they are ready to serve when we are all sat down. Normally around 7.30 ish.....

As for tea....i will ask cook which goes in first.#

# as i no longer allowed to talk to the maid after that terrible misunderstanding involving a slightly buttery toasting fork handle......unfortunate......

Last edited:
I have no idea what times the meals are served they just are...like magic.

Breakfast is on the sideboard whenever I get up.

Carstairs strikes "1st gong" to remind us to put down the GnT and get dressed. Second gong is that they are ready to serve when we are all sat down. Normally around 7.30 ish.....

As for tea....i will ask cook which goes in first.#

# as i no longer allowed to talk to the maid after that terrible misunderstanding involving a slightly buttery toasting fork handle......unfortunate......

ah yes, the twirling maids of tooty manor, a well known story no less.
good to hear that it isn't expected of them to face away from you as you pass anymore, it really must have been ever so tiresome for the young dears, but rules are rules and they are for their own benefit, after all, no one wishes for the buttery handle to slip once again, it really was the most unfortunate of timings on your part and could have so easily been avoided if only the poor dear had stood to the other side, or perhaps worn more robust and much less rubbery attire.

mus'nt grumble though, what would they think over at Chatau Fromage if that were to persist.

Sadly, more due to one "not looking at the mantlepiece whilst one was poking the fire" as such. She bent to open her skuttle, just as i fancied some crumpet.

Chateau Fromage takes all the best staff from the entire county.....well he does own most of it.

Anyway, must dash.....off drag hunting......will I will leave that just there....

Anyway, must dash.....off drag hunting......will I will leave that just there....

I do hope you have a big net. remember though, that all drag in the UK is catch and release, do try not to harm them, they are a wonderful species with fantastic plumage at this time of year.

Try not to swallow, it is not really gentlemanly, far better to snowball and share the love.

I do hope you have a big net. remember though, that all drag in the UK is catch and release, do try not to harm them, they are a wonderful species with fantastic plumage at this time of year.

Try not to swallow, it is not really gentlemanly, far better to snowball and share the love.
They may seem a skittish but I've found that a Bluetooth speaker stashed in the treeline with Cher - Dark Lady playing usually gets them out of the woodworks, projecting themselves into my nets with a glamorous twirl.

Back