Rohloff 500/14 QR Questions / wheel build

Small update, bought the Phil Wood hub and it should be underway to me.
Rims just came in today, I did go for the Andra 40, the exal and the Andra 30 were just a tad too small for the Maxxis DTH.

So, now what.
The rear hub is the same, so the spokes "should" be the same length?
The ones laced in there are not all in great condition so as suggested I'll buy the DT Swiss Alpine III they seem the right one for the job.
I also wouldn't know how to identify the spokes laced in there to replace just 4 or 5 of them.
I'm looking at the DT site to see what length I need for the Phil hub but it's all jibberish to me.

Never laced a rim but I'm up for the task, I'll let my LBS do the last and hardest part. Truing and tensioning.

rim ming.jpg

rim size.jpg

Small update, bought the Phil Wood hub and it should be underway to me.
Rims just came in today, I did go for the Andra 40, the exal and the Andra 30 were just a tad too small for the Maxxis DTH.

So, now what.
The rear hub is the same, so the spokes "should" be the same length?
The ones laced in there are not all in great condition so as suggested I'll buy the DT Swiss Alpine III they seem the right one for the job.
I also wouldn't know how to identify the spokes laced in there to replace just 4 or 5 of them.
I'm looking at the DT site to see what length I need for the Phil hub but it's all jibberish to me.

Never laced a rim but I'm up for the task, I'll let my LBS do the last and hardest part. Truing and tensioning.

View attachment 831507

View attachment 831508
It's definitely best to measure things yourself rather than rely on other people having done it properly or that things haven't changed since they did but the Leonard spoke calc reckons the mavic is 541mm and SJS say the Andra 40 is 541mm too so spokes should be the same as you say.

Are they a bit slow at Total Cycling, ordered last tuesday and it's still "processing"
Emailed, but no reply. I don't know the shop so meh..

tenor.gif

Quick update on the Kiss Hub, apparently they don't have the bolt on but do have the QR version.
Of course I told them that was ok, let's hope they will send it soon.

On the rear hub, I "think" I did it right.
Watched 3 joeptjoep video's and I hope my LBS can work his magic and tighten up the bunch.

rearbuild2.jpg

rearbuild1.jpg

rearbuild3.jpg

Brought it to my LBS, he was proud I got the spokes on correct.
Even the valve location was good. (joeptjoep ftw)

wheel build.png

I hope he can work on it tonight so I can pick it up Friday.

The hub (Phil Wood) "should" be in the mail soon, then it's figuring out how long the other spokes need to be.

So, I "tried" to fit the wheel, turns out the dropouts aren't wide enough.
It's only MM's but if it doesn't fit you can use hammers but it'll never fit right.

Both my Terrarunner and RidgeRunner wouldn't fit it.
It would fit in a Marin frame but it bumped the long torque arm as the dropout was too long on the none drive side.
Do I go ham and widen the dropouts? Seems a weird action to do. Hmm..

Turned out it was literally mm's, did use some nylon discs (which are awesome for these kinds of things) to clean the inside of the dropouts.
Problem now is the wheel is not centered, so I brought the frame with wheels to the LBS again. To bad it's Easter so nothing will be done for days.
Hoping on thu or fri.

Yes white cat.

nyldsc.jpg
nylnond.jpg
nyldrvs.jpg

Wheel 2, needs to go to get trued and tensioned.
Now to see what kind of QR skewers to get, can be fancy or just ones that aren't QR but just tighten on with an allen.
If anyone has any idea's, 👍

fr 1.jpg

fr 2.jpg

Back