Roberts dogs bolx

with its history i would be tempted to kit it out in XT or XC Pro like stated above and some rc30's. Must be some pics of it floating about!?

Re:

Such a sexy ride, and with its history, your a Saviour.... :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9935.jpg
    IMG_9935.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 197
longun":rko5nhha said:
Shame the pictured bike was Justin’s and not daves bike

Such a shame, i think it was the later bike that got stolen too and not the Jo Burt artwork. Ive trolled every photo i have trying to find an image of Dave with this bike (above) to help with the build spec, ive spent hours looking (the misses thinks ive gone mad) i cant find any of it anywhere... :oops:

My memory wants to say it had the 753 fork, but i think im wrong, after a few calls it was suggested it was Daves Bike that was photographed for the new Catalogue..(obviously before the race season and before Jo Burt did the artwork). If so, the spec is all there, white painted Rock Shox with Bontrager Crown, Ritchey Logic Cranks, Campag Brakes, Roberts Stem, etc etc. I was unsure when it was suggested as the rear dropouts werent left white....so its anybody guess until a picture turns up.

Not definitive i know, but as much as i can help with for a minute.

Either way its a nice build spec and not too hard to achieve if it didnt have the 753 fork like i first thought after all.

Attachments

• Dave Hemmings.jpg
    Dave Hemmings.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 183
The spec on the above bike does suggest 91 and not 93 though, and before the tubing used changed, i cant be sure, its the rear dropout paint that niggles me.
not that the bike needs to be built up as it was when Dave used it of course, its saved and its here, and such a good score... :cool:

The only pic I can find in an old mag is on a green one and the pics head on so no details. Would love to see this as near as daves spec though.

Back