Roberts dogs bolx

Re:

Such a cool thing, I know some of the back story but I'll leave it for the OP to reveal it...

Kit wise I wouldn't go for fancy colours on this one, just pukka race kit circa '91. XT (or XC Pro), thumb shifters, something like a Mavic 315 headset or similar, first gen Pace RC30. That sort of thing.

Most of the kit is easily available (although tyres might be a pain to find) wouldn't cost a fortune and isn't too rare not to use regularly :)

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2b6slcsn said:
Such a cool thing, I know some of the back story but I'll leave it for the OP to reveal it...

Kit wise I wouldn't go for fancy colours on this one, just pukka race kit circa '91. XT (or XC Pro), thumb shifters, something like a Mavic 315 headset or similar, first gen Pace RC31. That sort of thing.

Most of the kit is easily available (although tyres might be a pain to find) wouldn't cost a fortune and isn't too rare not to use regularly :)

Cheers. The existing headset, brakes and seat post are all campag. I've put xtr m900 crank, leavers, front and rear mech. X-lite bars and stem. But really need replacement forks! I have a useable set of rc36 and a some rc35 that need a rebuild and a 1" threaded steerer. This will be a long build constantly changing I think

My_Teenage_Self":3jrk1u48 said:
So it's Dave Hemmings old bike, that sold for a pittance on gumtree?
Not sure what it sold for. It's DH's old bike that Jo hand-decorated, I presume for some MBUK feature (that I don't really remember) such as Dave's mum doing the hoovering :LOL:

My_Teenage_Self":8plalk0x said:
So it's Dave Hemmings old bike, that sold for a pittance on gumtree?

You got me.
Yes I got a bargain part of history but it cost me a s*it load more as I burnt out the clutch and overheated the car collecting it. Grrr. And still need forks etc lol

Back