Roadies are miserable gits!

Got to say the main reason people on Kliens got the cold shoulder BITD was the fact that most of the Klein riders seemed to be gits with truck loads of money and very little ability moving into MTB'ing. Jealousy is a terrible thing, we all wanted a Klein. This is not a dig but I will never forget a race where a Klein rider was gently ribbing this vet on a Raleigh Lizard and then got thrashed and complained to the organisers that he must have broken some rule somewhere. Laughed our arses off for days.

Moonkatuk":1d16np74 said:
Got to say the main reason people on Kliens got the cold shoulder BITD was the fact that most of the Klein riders seemed to be gits with truck loads of money and very little ability moving into MTB'ing. Jealousy is a terrible thing, we all wanted a Klein. This is not a dig but I will never forget a race where a Klein rider was gently ribbing this vet on a Raleigh Lizard and then got thrashed and complained to the organisers that he must have broken some rule somewhere. Laughed our arses off for days.

So true 'its not what you ride but who is riding' ;)

Al - I like your posts they make me laugh, don't hold back on my account.

I used to see Caroline Alexander out training on her road bike around Surrey - I always gave her a wave and a friendly hello and she'd normally raise a waved hand and smile back. Sometimes she'd even get a cheeky wolf-whistle too if her lycra kit was particularly well fitted!

I didn't know she rode down there - I always hoped we'd bump into her in the Lakes where we'd ride most weekends BITD as she's from around there, but guess she was dahn sahf, which would explain why we never saw her... :cry:

orange71":gvnndoiz said:
I didn't know she rode down there - I always hoped we'd bump into her in the Lakes where we'd ride most weekends BITD as she's from around there, but guess she was dahn sahf, which would explain why we never saw her... :cry:

I think she lived near Epsom with one of the Raleigh riders (was it Barrie Clarke?)?

I think she lived near Epsom with one of the Raleigh riders (was it Barrie Clarke?)?[/quote]

I heard that too. Lucky bloke :D Never saw her round Epsom :(

mtb vs roadie

here in the midwest you wont strain your arm being polite, your neck may get a little sore from the farmer head nod, but oh well..Here the mtb riders do get along well together ..since the single speed old skool craze there has been a little change, in that if you have an old skool SS and you come up to other SS'rs thats cool, but once you start mixing the SS'rs and the 21 speed 2007 bike buyers, the jawing starts in, only good clean joking around but it does happen.

Is it just in the North of England or the entire country that 'roadies' can ignore their highway code on a Sunday and ride two a breast on narrow country lanes where it is clearly dangerous?

I notice that they seem to ignore most of the road rules, given their obsession with riding on them so much.

God forbid you may consider overtaking them after you've added 20 minutes to your journey, because of their apparent inability to look behind them, and notice other tax paying road users.

They throw pumps at you!

It is an old etiquette with unwritten rules, non of which seem to involve road safety or self awareness.

Back