Roadie Dilemma

Re:

Venturing back into my road touring roots as I have aquired an extremely battered 1982 Dawes Galaxy frame in full Reynolds 531. Always regretted selling my 1977 Galaxy, arguably the best bike i've ever owned. The Retro nerd in me says I have to go drop bar but my neck and back say flat bar. As its extremely battered I reckon flat bar will win as its never ever going to be in spitting distance of concourse :LOL:
Tyre wise I still favour a bit gnarly so Ritchey Excavadors for all rounder activities but I also have some Giant 28 x 700c full slicks with sticky rubber compound if I want to go pure road.

Re:

Velo, Alpkit have a Jonesesque type bar coming out and I have a mustache type bar too if you are interested in trying something with drop bar sweep but flat.;

Re: Re:

kaiser":3ikxkjmx said:
What have you been riding?
:shock: just the wife, infrequently, honestly :!: :LOL: :LOL:

never really given conti a go, had the race tyre which was the quickest wearing tyre of all time

winter - 25c Duranos - ugly but buttleproof

summer - schwalbe ones / michelin GP4s

plan was to put the new Vitorria Corsa on a set of chinese deep sections I've not already ordered.. :LOL: :facepalm: and prob the tubeless ones or the hutchinson (whatever I can get cheapest) or summer every day wheels

have used the clements as my lbs stocks them, they're nice, great thread similar to corsas and veloflex all are rather low on tpi but come in vintage sidewalls :) tbh my impressions is that they are all the classic tyres for your racing wheels and not for every day plugging about. the tread / design of those tyres has endured since I was a laddie and before

Re: Re:

kaiser":302ak04i said:
Velo, Alpkit have a Jonesesque type bar coming out and I have a mustache type bar too if you are interested in trying something with drop bar sweep but flat.;
Quite a surprise to see Alpkit going into the bikey bit line, its a good company and i hope they dont get stung :?
Certainly keenly priced :cool:

Back