Rivers Lochs and Glens

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
Not sure if this is the sort of thing you guys do but thought it was worth a mention on the forum anyhow

200km (124.3 miles) Audax, Ok chaps this ones pretty much on your doorstep and a cracker it is too, with some nice wee hills but nothing too serious and around 2550m of climbing.

Route Click

Entry is £10 from here although you need to pay an extra £2 for non members or don't if you've a CTC card.

For those who've not done an Audax event before a few things to note, You must be entirely self reliant, there's no rider support, broom/sag wagons are not included, neither is food although there's always tea and cake at start/finish (free) so you buy your own or carry it with you, There's no goody bags/medals or any other pish handed out at the finish. Ferry ticket is included in the price. Remember Audax is not a race, it's about getting round within the allotted time (usually 14hrs) so well within anyone's grasp.

Here's a list of other events in Scotland & the UK too Click

Tempting.

Reckon a slow old git on a singlespeed could manage it in a reasonable time? (Distance not a problem)

epicyclo":2esfwt29 said:
Tempting.

Reckon a slow old git on a singlespeed could manage it in a reasonable time? (Distance not a problem)

How did you know that 47p2 is a slow old git on a single speed ?

Hawmaw":3kybky2j said:
epicyclo":3kybky2j said:
Tempting.

How did you know that 47p2 is a slow old git on a single speed ?

So there are two of us slow old gits on single speed :LOL:

That looks like a nice ride! An Audax is on the 'to do' list. Unfortunately I'll be on a road trip at the time and should be heading from Oban to Fort William on the Sunday. Please keep posting these though if your thinking of doing any, an Audax has now been promoted to 'this years to do list' :)

Remember Audax is not a race, it's about getting round within the allotted time (usually 14hrs) so well within anyone's grasp.

Just what planet can you find populations of humans that can all cycle 124 miles in 14 hours :shock:

47P2 you are a superfit fella on a single speed but tend to forget most of the population of this planet are not !

A 100km Brevet will be the longest Audax you'll ever catch me on. I'm ex CTC and I'm well aware of Audax and the superfit riders who favour it.

kaiser":2gu4x1lj said:
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-393/

This one is also on my doorstep!!!

PMSL...That one's on everyones doorstep...Epic audax indeed

velomaniac":2irjvltn said:
Remember Audax is not a race, it's about getting round within the allotted time (usually 14hrs) so well within anyone's grasp.

Just what planet can you find populations of humans that can all cycle 124 miles in 14 hours :shock:

47P2 you are a superfit fella on a single speed but tend to forget most of the population of this planet are not !

A 100km Brevet will be the longest Audax you'll ever catch me on. I'm ex CTC and I'm well aware of Audax and the superfit riders who favour it.

Velo,
124 miles in 14 hours is only an average speed of 8.85MPH, hardly record breaking speeds

As for me being super fit on a S/S, I wish I was.
I did go out on Sunday and cover 131km on the S/S to complete the Strava Gran Fondo2 challenge. It wasn't fast and the weather was terrible but I did it and that's what counts.

Should have dropped in and seen you when I passed kaiser ;)

GF2.png

Back