Withdrawn Big ol' clearout XT Hope Suntour XC Pro Odyssey XTR Flite LX WTB etc some NOS THREAD CLOSED

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
Various parts that don't look like they're going to get used, so I'm selling. Prices not including postage. Collection is welcome:) Dibs then PM please.

Paypal gift is my preferred payment type, all prices don't include postage. Royal Mail's standard 2nd class rate is £3.35, so this is what you'll be paying unless you ask for a different service. Possibly cheaper if it fits inside a letter envelope, ask for price. If you can collect then it will be from NW London.
Happy to send outside of the UK at cost, PayPal "friends" payment secures, cold hard cash only I'm afraid folks ;)

I'm also be adding a mini MT60 groupset, and an Avid brakeset, plus some more XT kit. Hopefully will have these on tomorrow.
THREAD UPDATE- UPDATED WITH THE PARTS MENTIONED ABOVE, PLUS EVEN MORE:) SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE BELOW LIST THEN AT THE END OF THE THREAD
20/11 UPDATE- A FEW SMALL PRICE DROPS ON EVERYTHING (EXCEPT THE FREEBIES!)

Shimano FD-M735 front mech
Classic and rare mech with the endless band clamp to reduce weight and fit on certain frames properly. Also adds a classy look on the right frame IMO.
Very nice condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Some tarnishing in the chain cage. There's a scuff to the right of the xt logo. Clamp size 28.6mm (but see above). Bottom pull.
£17> £15

Shimano XT BL-M732 canti brakes
A full set of these cantis. Has the original pads except for one of the brakes where I've replaced it with a similar looking Dia Compe pad. They work perfectly. All the hardwares there although some of the straddle cable bits aren't showing in the pics but I'll provide them for the buyer. The alloy bits look quite dirty but this is only tape residue from where the hardware has been taped onto the brakes whilst in storage. I'll clean this off before they're sold. The plastic backing bits aren't cracked. The pads show little wear.
£30> £28

Shimano XT RD-M739 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys do show wear but not too noticeable. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£20

Shimano XT FD-M737 front mech.
Pretty excellent condition, there's some alloy rainwater staining and some scuffs on the ano finished bits. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good, the cage does show slight chain contact marks but has years of life to go. Clamp size 28. 6mm. Bottom pull.
£10

Easton EC90 stem
Excellent condition, looks pretty much as new. Length 10cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads and the loy allen bolt head are good.
£20> £18

Control Tech System 3 ahead stem
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there. Plus the original Control Tech stickers on the sides have been replaced with Hope ones. At least I'm guessing they're not underneath the Hope ones. Length 15cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads are good.
£20> £18

Shimano LX RD-M550 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys are virtually new looking. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 7 speed setups.
£15> £13

Shimano XT Rapid Rise RD-M760 rear mech
Pretty nice condition although the XT writing on the front has been removed. Jockeys show minimal wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 9 speed setups. If interested in buying the same series XT kit below as a package with this derailleur, let me know and we can do a deal on the price.
£15> £13

Shimano XT M751 front mech
Pretty excellent condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 34.9mm. Top pull.
£10> £8

Shimano XT SL-M750 trigger shifters.
In very nice condition, just a few scuffs to the grey finish on the l/h shifter. Great working condition, both ratchets click loudly. All threads are good.
£30> £28

[/url
[url=https://ibb.co/vwnRz8G]

Selle Italia Flite saddle
Classic saddle with ti rails, carbon base and leather cover. But the biggest plus is the superb comfort that many riders experience with this saddle:) In good condition with only a few scuffs and two cuts on either side of the red logo which can't be seen unless looking at the saddle from behind. The saddle hasn't had much usage and doesn't feel saggy when riding.
£35> £33

Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel saddle
Same as the above Flite but with the gel patches added to the cover. Condition is excellent for the leather cover, with no scuffs and stitched logos are fine. The ti saddle rails don't feel bendy to ride on, and the padding isnt compressed, so I'd guess the saddle's had an easy life.
£30> £28

Selle Italia XO saddle
Pretty excellent condition besides faint fading of the printed Selle Italia logo. Alloy saddle rails. No scuffs and stitched logos are fine. Red colouring hasn''t faded.
£25> £23

Selle Italia Pro Link Genuine Gel saddle
Very good condition besides some removal of the yellow colouring on either side of the nose. No scuffs and stitched logos are fine. Yellow colouring hasn't faded.
£25> £23

WTB Speedy V saddle
Pretty excellent condition with a couple of minor scuffs. Still very comfy:)
£15> £13

Middleburn DH 38t chainring
Pretty minimal usage with little wear to the teeth.
£10> £8

Shimano XT/XTR M747 pedals
Very little use for these. These should last and last- I had a pair of them in the 90's used on all my bikes and hammered them with constant use and racing and they stood it all:)
Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. I'll include a set of new Shimano cleats with these- see pic below. Or if someone wants to buy them separately then the price will be £3.
Price: only £25> £24
Nb the above mentioned cleats are now sold but I have a second set bagged up if someone wants to buy. Think they're also Shimano.

Suntour XC II bear trap pedals
Mid '90's Original Suntour XC - ii bear trap pedals in a used but otherwise Excellent condition, all allen bolts intact, cages in a very good used condition with all teeth in place. Bearings are silky smooth and both end caps in place
There is a bit of surface corrosion on the chrome spindles but I've rubbed them down and the chrome still looks pretty good. These have the standard 9/16" threading (as is all too noticeable from the huge label on both the silver bodies!).
£80

Odyssey Shark Bite bear trap pedals
A NOS set of these pedals with the box. In gleaming red colour:) Not much to say about these classic pedals.
£50

Last edited:
Shimano LX M569 chainset
A nice clean example of this chainset. Little wear from usage and the original chainrings are all there and have many more miles in them. The two inner rings show virtually no wear and the outer one isn't far behind. Rings are 42/32/22t. Crank length is 175mm. Threads and tapers are good and all the bolts can be removed and the central lockring isn't seized. If interested in buying the same series LX kit below as a package with the chainset, let me know and we can do a deal on the price.
Price: £20> £18

Shimano LX RD-M565 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys are virtually new looking. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 8 speed setups.
£15> £13

Shimano XT M560 front mech
Pretty excellent condition, although the paintwork has some scuffs. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 31.8mm. Bottom pull.
£10> £8

Suntour XC Pro Greasguard rear hub.
Classic hub in NOS condition, although unboxed. It's in mint condition with no giveaway spoke hole markings to indicate spokes were once fitted, but all the same I've checked the bearings to make sure there's no signs of usage and they're untouched. This is the Microdrive version of the hub so the freehub is compatible with Suntour's own classy cassettes. I did actually buy the hub with one of these cassettes but haven't included it here seeing as it has standard road bike ratios, but if it might still be of interest to someone then let me know and I'll provide details. OLN is 135mm. It takes a 6 speed cassette but I believe 7 speed ones can be used. 32 spoke holes.
£50> £45

Suntour XC Comp front hub.
Like the above hub this is also in NOS condition and is also unboxed. It's in mint condition with no giveaway spoke hole markings to indicate spokes were once fitted, but all the same I've checked the bearings to make sure there's no signs of usage and they're untouched. 32 spoke holes.
£20> £18

Shimano XTR FH-M900 rear hub with original skewer.
Classic hub. Pretty excellent cosmetically. It spins sweetly, although I've serviced the bearings and one of the cones shows a fair bit of pitting whilst the other one is perfect. These can still be bought online if you felt it necessary to replace them. The freehub clicks loudly. OLN is 135mm. For 8 speed cassettes. It has 32 spoke holes. All threads are good.
£30

Shimano Deore DX FH-M650 rear hub with original skewer
Another hub in NOS condition, although unboxed. It's in mint condition with no giveaway spoke hole markings to indicate spokes were once fitted, but all the same I've checked the bearings to make sure there's no signs of usage and they're untouched. 36 spoke holes. Nb watch this space if you'd be interested in a Deore front hub, will hopefully add it to the list tomorrow.
£25

Hope suspension front hub
Excellent sealed bearing hub with ti centre barrel. Aside from some cosmetic marks from use/lacing it is in excellent condition, no cracks, and bearings run super smooth. Also, the Hope logo has worn off and there's a scuff on the top of one of the flanges- see pic.
£25> £23

Blackspire granny ring
In NOS condition. 24 teeth. 56mm bcd.
£10> £8

Specialites TA granny ring.
In good used condition, the teeth are showing wear but still many years of usage remaining. 26 teeth. 74mm bcd.
£10> £8

Salsa chainring bashguard
For 104bcd x 44t chainrings. In a nice matt purple colour. Little sign of use besides slight scuffing here and there.
£7> £6

Shimano XT FD-M700 Deer Head front mech
First gen XT front mech. Excellent condition with no marks showing. No play in pivots and all threads are good. Virtually no wear in the chain cage. 28.6mm band and bottom pull.
£15

Sachs freewheel
A NOS freewheel but not boxed. Ratios are 13/30t. Absolutely solid Sachs design and getting hard to find NOS ones these days.
£70

Freebie innertubes
A selection of 26'' tubes going gratis, seeing as I have so many tubes they seem to be coming out of my ears. Free to all, although out of fairness to the forum I'd ask that peeps take one tube per purchase of anything else.

Shimano XT RD-M739 rear mech
This is the medium cage version of this mech. It's a nice alternative to the above m738 long cage version if you'd rather avoid an unnecessarily long cage for your gear setup. Low gear max tooth count is 32t (chain wrap 33t).
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys do show wear but not too noticeable. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£20> £18

Suntour XCD rear mech
Very good condition although there are noticeable scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys do show wear but still years of life left. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£12> £10

IMG-20221104-164545.jpg

Suntour XCD front mech
Pretty excellent condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Some tarnishing in the chain cage. Clamp size 28.6mm (but see above). Bottom pull.
£12> £10

Unbranded granny ring
74mm bcd and 22t. Very little wear showing besides the ano finish coming off on the edges of some of the teeth, the, metal itself is OK.
£5> £4

Fsa outer chainring
96bcd and 42t. The teeth show little wear besides slight removal of the ano finish.
£10> £9

Shimano SG-X outer chainring
104bcd and 48t. NOS condition but no packaging.
£15> £13

Shimano Deore and DX mixed groupset.
This is made up of Deore MT60 and MT62 with the rest being DX. This is nearly the complete groupset, only short of the headset, bottom bracket and seatpost (if one was ever produced).

Shimano Deore MT60 chainset
48/36/24t chainrings with 175mm cranks. In pretty excellent condition. Chainrings show minimal wear, with only the middle ring showing any visible wear. The Deore logos are starting to fade. Threads and tapers are good.
£30> £28

Shimano Deore MT62 thumbies
For 7 speed setups. Very nice condition for these. The logos are still clear and shifter bodies and paintwork are good. The r/h shifter clicks loudly in indexed mode, and switches over to friction without issue.
£30

Shimano Deore MT60 canti brakes
A full set of these cantis. Has a full replacement set of Aztec pads. The brakes work perfectly. All the hardware's there although one of the straddle cable bits isn't original. The plastic backing bits aren't cracked. The pads show little wear. The offset adjuster bolts aren't seized. One of the pad retaining widgets had gotten lost, so I replaced it with a Weinmann one that fits the Shimano design.
£30> £28

FOR THE REST OF THE GROUPSET SEE THE END OF THE THREAD.

Last edited:
Interested in the Sachs freewheel. 99% sure this is Compatible with 7 speed Campagnolo I need it for. Regina freewheels are crazy money these days and this looks similar in terms of tooth profile (chamfers on the teeth to aid shifting, well OK looks like each tooth has been given a whack with a BIG hammer! ;) ). Will do a bit of research and measure my Regina freewheels tonight if I can find them to double check spacing etc.

Back