Ride Suggestions and Planing for 2014

Gisburn is ace now and all the new sections will be retro friendly. Cafe open at weekends too. Not been up for a few weeks but from what I hear it's holding up well against the weather.

If my boy decides he ever wants to turn up I might even be able to make it!

Gisburn would be good in January, Ravenscar was in a bad way this year. Has anyone been up recently for a recce?

What about the IOM TT in May/June, we could meet at Liverpool then board the ferry as foot passenger's ( 80 quid return) dont forget that includes watching the racing. I would be able to sort the camping out, I know someone with a farm. We could have 3 nights camping, watch some racing and explore the island either on mountain bikes or touring; there is loads to do on the IOM. The dates are on the TT website

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info.aspx

What do you think

kenaltobelli":ydt63ill said:
that iom sounds an interesting plan;
loved ravenscar ride;have to see what weather does in new year :|

Your signature says "scrap GT" was that the one you bought off Mr Lee?

kona scrap :facepalm: no gt s fine
been put away till its fine :cool:
just bought a fat bike frame all i need now is wheels cranks and jobs a good un

Bloody rain!

Been out today sussing out a cycle track in york for a ride this year. Apart from puddles 95% of the route was merely damp as the river ouse is well up, but not really breaching banks yet, hoping that is tops out at that or receeds somewhat. Good to know that flood conditions shouldn't affect the ride.

Any flooded bits were short and sweet, passable at 2". praise be for mud guards, my goodness they work!

River in certral york. A good 3ft higher than average levels.

That was my day.cheers.

I'll try and get up to Gisburn before the ride and have a recce, also when I used to go regularly with the wife and she was dog walking I used to park on the north side of the reservoir (so dogs avoided bike trails ) and that was usually very empty compared to the chaos at Cocklett Hill, not seen the new parking and cafe though so can't say what it's like , if anyone fancies joining me for a sun aft out up there let me know .
Matthew

Forgot to add I can fit 2 bikes in/on my car if just getting to Leeds n then using 1 car is a better option .

Back