RetroRoadRide No2 -Brewery Rides AFTERMATH

Re:

Thanks to Ken for leading the pootlers round a super route - still have the sunburn on my arms, who knows I may even get a "roadie tan". :shock:

As for pace/splitting rides. As has been said, ones man's pootle is another's "have we started pedalling yet", and as road rides don't seem to naturally break for stops as well as off road rides (gates etc. providing a natural interrupt to re-group) splitting into two "rides" of similar duration but different pace is good. I think a simple split into two as for the brewery ride balances the speed difference vs the planning/leading burden. Publish the intended target speed as part of the Ride info post, factored against the route - 15mph average on the flat is very different to 15mph over lakeland passes (no matter how fat you are on the downs).

If you are in the middle - do you want to look like a cycling god[1] with the pootlers, or hang on to the back of the fast group hoping it will end soon - the choice is yours?

[1] Views of other riders may not match your own. :)

Re: Re:

TedC":2swdvlun said:
If you are in the middle - do you want to look like a cycling god[1] with the pootlers, or hang on to the back of the fast group hoping it will end soon - the choice is yours?
)
Some of us are just misfits :roll: You are right though, two rides is plenty.

I have to say it very kind of everyone to overlook my arithmetic failure in my last comment. :oops:
Looking at the weather forecast for this weekend it seems we were incredibly lucky with the weather :D Chapeau to the Women's Tour for riding through it!

Back