RetroRoadRide No2 -Brewery Rides AFTERMATH

So how did the pootiler ride work out?

We were discussing on way home if to try two rides for the cotswold round?

Re:

Just finished the "carry out" of Fallen Angel. That beer was worth the drive up from Surrey on it's own. Fantastic stuff Karl. Is there anywhere down here that you supply?

Re:

Only if it is constructive.... The two rides thing for the retro road series could be a useful discussion, maybe on another thread?

I think it is well worth while having multiple rides. If the speedsters averaged 16mph, then that is about double what we managed on the outward pootle, even allowing half an hour for our puncture stop. 20 miles in 3 hrs overall.

On a well attended event, might it be worth including a medium speed category for those who fancy 40 or 50 miles at a 13-14mph average?

Just a thought.

Harry Porter":2co83d76 said:
I think it is well worth while having multiple rides. If the speedsters averaged 16mph, then that is about double what we managed on the outward pootle, even allowing half an hour for our puncture stop. 20 miles in 3 hrs overall.

On a well attended event, might it be worth including a medium speed category for those who fancy 40 or 50 miles at a 13-14mph average?

Just a thought.

daj and speedster, not often words heard together :D .to me harry it sounds like to many rides,you may aswell just ride to a set watering hole by yourself for a get together.

i vote for a 17.681 mph ride over 4 ft.and if i dont get it the pram will be emptied

I did the first half of the pootle; since the lunch stop was only five miles from home, and I had quit a lot of things going on over the weekend, I opted to bail out there, rather than head back to the brewery.

It was a rather pleasant pootle - at least, for me. The problem is that one person's pootling pace is another's 'JFC, HOW fast?' I liked the route; I have done quite a lot of riding around that area, and Ken found some lanes I'd never done before. Not much traffic, not much cow poo to avoid, very little mileage on anything like main roads. Not to mention glorious weather, and an excellent pub for lunch.

Regards,
Martin

Back