Retrobike RetroRoadRide Gospel Pass 2014 AFTERMATH

Re: The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2014 AFTERMATH

grumpycommuter":2ywfhueq said:
daj":2ywfhueq said:
"Tumble" it at least deserves a crash?!?

Have you checked the yoghurt pot for damage? Should probably replace the frame to be on the safe side.

Only if it got wet ;)

Re: Re:

ededwards":1xbbvkmb said:
Bike of the ride? Should be Jon’s 3 speed but think the deep aero rims probably edge him out (front was on backwards too) so it has to go to Calamity Dave who turned up for a bout of good natured arm wrestling with a Glock tucked into his waistband (noet this is a simile as it really would have been unacceptable if he'd come packing heat).

You had me worried.... then I checked my pics and the front wheel was in the correct way round (the rear rim is backwards) Yes I know the areo rims are not in keeping, but they were cheap!!! :D

Look at the front hub dear boy.

Surprised no one has mentioned the sneaky 200m of Herefordian strade bianchi yet.

Have been looking forward to this one for months.... and it exceeded all expectations!!!

What can I say.... the weather was faultless, the scenery was spectacular, the roads were amazing and the company was top notch! Straight out of the start point for a brief bit of off roading, then start the gradual climb up to the pass. From mile one the views were to die for and just got better. A brief re-group at the bottom of the pass and then starting the climb in earnest.... and finally I was defeated.... walking the last few yards to the top. However what goes up....

...has a roller coaster decent into Hay on Wye! After tea a nice flat(ish) ride back. Simple... apart from Dave taking to the undergrowth.

Post ride, my legs still haven't recovered, my left knee has swelled to a ball, but the grin is still hasnt died. A most excellent day out!

ededwards":18jymewi said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the sneaky 200m of Herefordian strade bianchi yet.

Eh? The hub isn't directional... or have I missed something?

jon w":1danxyix said:
ededwards":1danxyix said:

Eh? The hub isn't directional... or have I missed something?

I believe the hub issue was on another bike!! :LOL: :LOL:

Oh yes I forgot about the Roubaix start :shock: my carbon wheels loved that!! :LOL: :LOL:

The front hub was on back to front on at least two bikes, including jonw's. That said, Paul's Mercian committed many crimes against civility that simply cannot be described (although I will if pressed).

ededwards":346653xm said:
The front hub was on back to front on at least two bikes, including jonw's. That said, Paul's Mercian committed many crimes against civility that simply cannot be described (although I will if pressed).

Hmmm have to agree there was plenty of non retro trying to slip the net? :shock:

Sorry to keep this up and ruin a thread about what was a faultless day...

...but how do you judge that a hub in in backwards, especially on wheels designed to be flip-flop?

You should be able to read the logo on the front (in the correct orientation!) when sitting in the saddle.

Back