Retro bikes we've spotted

Re:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people use cheap, crummy locks to secure expensive bicycles, badly, just loop a £5 cable lock from a Christmas cracker around the frame and leave both quick release wheels totally unsecured.

I don't know what it is, but the yellow bike at the start of the thread would probably cost the best part of £2,000.00 to replace, fillet brazed frame, front dynamo hub and a Rohloff Speedhub, and it's secured with a £20.00 combination lock! :facepalm:

Re:

Team Raleigh Dynatech with the curved top tube, Saw this the other night, tried to get the chap to pass it on to me :D he's had it from New and just sees it as an old bike now, his girlfriend sees it as a piece of junk :shock:

IMAG0080_zpsrvhm6ot3.jpg

RBG

Re:

Passed this today, then turned back.....

IMAG0661_zpszouu5asv.jpg

tis an original owner from new dogs bolx (I do of course mean donkis knob, thanks Raidan73)the chap explained, hardly brings it out unless its sunny now but has been touring abroad on it in years past, he asked Dave for as many bosses as possible and also asked him to put his signature to it, the latter of which he declined as he wouldnt put his name to anything he hadnt built from start to finish.
All XTR, mix of M900 & M950 and XT hubs. a lovely shade of metallic dark green too.

sweet :eek:

RBG

Re:

Really nice to see these bikes out and about. I desperately need something in Max OR :) I guess it's maybe a Donkis Nob though as the Dogs was Roberts

Re: Re:

raidan73":3vz4mydr said:
Really nice to see these bikes out and about. I desperately need something in Max OR :) I guess it's maybe a Donkis Nob though as the Dogs was Roberts

and that's what happens when you are texting on the fly you always make a rookie mistake
:facepalm:

RBG

Re:

Next up, a little trip to Aldi....

and a nice pink tufftrax, good original condition and used regular for the weekly shop.

IMAG0715_zpsgvh1rhg6.jpg

and back over to the local parks birthday bash where I saw this cannondale m700 locked up, nice forks....

IMAG0757_zpsyakxgslq.jpg

also saw a more modern cannondale go past, unable to get a picture as the guy was chatting away on his bluetooth but it was a rather special cannondale..... like this ➡️

p4pb9179091.jpg

dripping in that rare chrome XTR ....... :cool:

Lee
RBG

Re:

rider":77kcm91w said:
widowmaker":77kcm91w said:
I think the hooger booger needs a drop of oil on the chain :shock:
I think that is pasive anti-theft device. Snaps on first atempt to ride it... :)
Loose bar ends as bonus. Personaly if it was mine, I loose handlebars also... :twisted:

Reverse psychology ? I mean, who'd nick that rusty old wreck :roll:

Re: Retro bikes I saw........

Sorry no picture, but couple of hours ago I saw a very nice rigid purple or blue Diamondback riding out of town in the Raunds area. Anyone here?

Re:

Today, the shopfitter popped by with his old bikes.....

Sevysa pro comp

IMAG0821_zpscwdtzm4w.jpg

IMAG0827_zpslloiqbjh.jpg

IMAG0822_zps5qorkklm.jpg

Sbike 508 .... I believe

IMAG0816_zpsd02gbhpa.jpg

IMAG0819_zpsmfp3vmc2.jpg

IMAG0832_zps3i6t0bhq.jpg

Back