Removing rear canti brake bridge

Removing rear canti brake bridge

• Hear what you're saying. V's + Bridge looks bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do as you wish. Your frame.

• Are you mad?

• Total voters
John":1kk5wwyj said:
Will probably get it removed when getting the frame refinsihed. The frame needs a respray and a few dings filling anyhow :roll:

Better still, get the hacksaw and files out and do it now. Then it's done , end of story. Anyway, you'll never want to use canti brakes again, I'll bet.
Better still, take the brake bosses off too and fit a caliper mount and hose guides while everything else is being done.

Yes, I am being serious.
And no, I'm not taking the piss.

The frame was designed to be used with cantis so you shouldn't even be considering 'V' brakes.. Tut tut, shame on you. Why not get some disc tabs welded on while you're at it?

hold on tho, bikes still came with hangers well into 97 as most industry people thought that vee brakes wouldnt catch on properly, that it was a fad, and that it would all go wrong at some point. in the scheme of things, vee brakes werent that long lived, discs pretty much took over in about 2005, they are even on sub £100 bikes now. as i said earlier, its up to you what you do with a frame, and if its approval you are looking for then i think you have generally got it.

kanerdog1x1":128j4b7l said:
hold on tho, bikes still came with hangers well into 97 as most industry people thought that vee brakes wouldnt catch on properly, that it was a fad, and that it would all go wrong at some point. in the scheme of things, vee brakes werent that long lived, discs pretty much took over in about 2005, they are even on sub £100 bikes now. as i said earlier, its up to you what you do with a frame, and if its approval you are looking for then i think you have generally got it.

Exactly. Quite a few quality steel frames (such as this) had canti hangers even when v-s were the norm. Wasn't necessarily looking for approval (more interested in opinions) although I'm glad I have it ;)

As for welding disc tabs not too sure on that. Suppose I could get a headtube gusset welded on and run 140mm forks too.

You could always lop it off cleanly and put it to one side. That way if you change your mind or sell the frame, the option is there to braze it back on and get the frame touched up...

:LOL:

Back