Removing rear canti brake bridge

Removing rear canti brake bridge

• Hear what you're saying. V's + Bridge looks bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do as you wish. Your frame.

• Are you mad?

• Total voters
Lose the bridge :) Makes sense if your gonna run V's..

Never could understand why people get bend out of shape about stuff like this :?

It's like the old respray or not respray debate.

It's nothing irreplaceable or anything with an 'interesting' bridge like ibis.

Will probably get it removed when getting the frame refinsihed. The frame needs a respray and a few dings filling anyhow :roll:

its entirely up to you, obviously you know what the frames worth and if it was expensive/rare/desireable then you wouldnt even be asking this question. i just removed one from my kona the other day and got rid of the rack mount too. i think they look ugly, but i would never remove the canti hanger from my merlin........

I went soft on my 1993 Raleigh and decided to stick with Cantis, but voted, chop it off here. ;) you sound confident you want to use V's, and it is a late frame. go for it!

Personally I would leave it because I'm not a big fan of making changes to a frame which can't be undone (easily) - but I also prefer a paint job that shows its age and use than a respray (unless totally stuffed).

While not pretty in some cases in late 96 there were several frames with the unused canti bridge due to the introduction of Vs, so even then I don't think it looks out of place for the period.

Back