Recommend a road bike

Thanks, I guess like many things its a case of trying different combos out easy in theory with cheap bars but factor in new levers and grip tape and things and its an investment!
I will also be rebuilding my old recovered Peugeot premiere this summer too so will report back, so that will have traditional drops on a 90mm stem with campag levers, and dead tempted to try midge wide drops on my day one SS cx either that or the fleegles, and flats and bar ends on the tourer...
Variety is the spice of life!

The Midge bars look good and are very well priced. I was thinking about a pair for a cx / mtb I'm just about to start building, but have now decided to go full on cx, so I'll be using some compact type drops, as I like the look of them.

Aha I'd not heard of compact bars, heard of compact frames and all the rest so makes sense, also learnt that ergo bars are potentially awkward. Yep good call, these compacts look great. Midge or more expensive salsa wood chippers are options too. Your project sounds interesting ill keep an eye out for it.

Latest posts

Back