rebuilt Brodie Expresso, new brodie project

Ok I'll try to get better pictures but when I first uploaded these ones I got an error indicating that the files were too big. I had to make them smaller in order to upload.

I say it's an '88 because it's serial 381 and PB confirmed it. I didn't see a . but that does not mean it's not there. It's currently getting chem cleaned and magnafluxed so I don't have it handy at the moment but as soon as I get it I'll take some photos.

Jeff

jhoreth":1fdrdz4e said:
Ok I'll try to get better pictures but when I first uploaded these ones I got an error indicating that the files were too big. I had to make them smaller in order to upload.

I say it's an '88 because it's serial 381 and PB confirmed it. I didn't see a . but that does not mean it's not there. It's currently getting chem cleaned and magnafluxed so I don't have it handy at the moment but as soon as I get it I'll take some photos.

Jeff

hi jeff
picture of the previously asked for areas on the bare frame would be ideal.

i don't doubt for a second what paul said. but this wouldn't be the first time this
error was made and certainly won't be the last time either. :)

i had this very same thing happen to me less than a year ago.
paul didn't notice the ( . ) in front of my serial number when i emailed it
to him and he came back with mine being an early romax. but frame size
he stated didn't match the one in question so i re-asked. he realized the error
and it turned out to be an early 90's catalyst.

and just a couple weeks ago same thing. early serial number didn't match frame characteristics,
fellow re-checked serial number and there it was, the ( . )
paul started a second series of numbers in early 90's when in litigation with kona.
so you see the importance of this small detail. i hate to belabour the point.
just want to get it right. :)

are you in victoria or vancouver? if you are looking for a good painter try toxik harald in richmond.
he was paul's painter from 1992 thru 1995. i think that's right. check my couple
of brodie threads on here for examples of his paint work.

i can probably also hook you up with nos decals. ;)
roy

RockiMtn":19ldbgwr said:
Retro_Roy":19ldbgwr said:
RockiMtn":19ldbgwr said:
finally, a score not posted by Roy. :LOL:

Them's fightin' words!!! :LOL: :LOL:

hahaha, you only saw that now??? :LOL:

I've lost the fight ages ago. Just nice to see others still have a fighting chance. ;)
Don't I get a mention. I'm still fighting. I have a Brodie's.

Jeff. Waiting for more pictures. Your Romax is a little different from others I have seen.

Hi, sorry, no new pictures as I haven't been able to track down the frame since it is somewhere between the chemical cleaners and the NDT shop.

As soon as I find it I will get some pictures.

I just saw your other post about your romax and I have a feeling you are correct in that there will be a "." there meaning mine is in fact a catalyst as the seller stated. Also the U brake on is on the seat stays rather than the chain stays as your is. No big deal, I'm happy with a catalyst - in fact I picked up a rocky hammer donour bike on the weekend so I now have a full xt group for it with thumbshifters and other interesting things like an uncut syncros bar and cattleprod. Meaning there will be a rm hammer frame with tange struts available sometime soon ..

regards
Jeff

OK here are some more pictures ..
I will leave it to you folks to make a determination.
Next step, bead blast, then to the paint shop.
Jeff

Attachments

• serial number.JPG
    serial number.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 590
  • ls seat tube.JPG
    ls seat tube.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 590
  • rs seat tube.JPG
    rs seat tube.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 590
  • rs bb.JPG