Raleigh team panasonic **SORTED!*

Trouble is when you really want something and it's this good you sometimes have to pay a premium. It'll be a keeper this one. I'm toying with the idea of late super record, early c record or most likely dura ace 7400, I like the price of the dura ace stuff in comparison :LOL: as it has the silver sticker below the Reynolds decal it means it was sold as a frame set so I've got a blank canvas !

If it's a keeper/ dream bike then it's value is what you can afford to pay.

Dura Ace is good and that group over on LFGSS would be perfect apart from it being 8 speed. I built my own up with Shimano 600 Ultegra because I loved the groupset, although I think the team bikes were Super Record.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... +panasonic

And this is how it finally looked before being stripped and retired to the loft (never to be sold due to sentimental reasons ;)

P1120558.jpg

I also built it with Veloce 9 speed once which apart from the bars I quite liked.

raleigh002.jpg

Thanks for the info, I already have your thread saved in my favourites!! Your frame is almost a spitting image of mine what with the 50years of Reynolds decal, just a few more Raleigh decals on mine.
It appears my new frame is nos too, there are no marks whatsoever from skewers or brakes which is great.
I decided against the dura ace as just last night I took on a kitchen job that will help towards the build, in fact I won a lovely super record rear dérailleur last night so that's the way I'm going.
I'll start a build thread soon. The plan is to do the London to Brighton bike ride on it in June complete with my Raleigh Panasonic top ;)

Tel":1ks6ax0y said:
Looks mint!

"Dura-Ace group" well rear mech anyway....

Yes he got that bit wrong! Bargain or what though ?!!! My wife is really mad with me right now though !

Oh i've tried that but she's noticed i've not shifted anything as yet !!
Going back to the new bike, 1990? that would be avery late team coloured bike. WE4..... surely that is April '84 ........ will have to see what velobase says about that lovely 600 stuff with regards to dating it...

Back