Raleigh team issue 753.dyna tech road bike

Richard w

Dirt Disciple
I have a very rare raleigh team issue 753 dyna tech , what I wanted to know is , was the team bikes welded at the joints , as my one looks like they are , all the tube diameters correspond with another 753 , even with the seat pin removed , if you put your finger inside you can feel no joints ,and there is also a small hole in side where the top tube meets normal frames have ,to allow gas to escape when being brazed ,I know they say dyna techs were bonded at the joints , but were these very rare few team issue ones welded for strength ?

Would have been welded. That's the benefit of 753 over earlier 531 etc tubes.

The titanium frames were bonded not the steel ones AFAIK.

I have a very rare raleigh team issue 753 dyna tech , what I wanted to know is , was the team bikes welded at the joints , as my one looks like they are , all the tube diameters correspond with another 753 , even with the seat pin removed , if you put your finger inside you can feel no joints ,and there is also a small hole in side where the top tube meets normal frames have ,to allow gas to escape when being brazed ,I know they say dyna techs were bonded at the joints , but were these very rare few team issue ones welded for strength ?
The forks, front and rear dropouts and the caps on top of the seat stays would be brazed. The lugs are aluminium and the frame tube heat treated 753 steel so can you braze the connection with an open flame..?

The forks, front and rear dropouts and the caps on top of the seat stays would be brazed. The lugs are aluminium and the frame tube heat treated 753 steel so can you braze the connection with an open flame..?
Perhaps they are bonded then?

Heat it to 60°c and see if the joints become soft?!

Ps don't do this!!

Back