Raleigh RSP 600 ti retro/modern build hopefully

Re:

How about stripping the paint at the back end and bottom bracket only? You could transition from the yellow with red bands. Have a look at the nahbs independent fabrications 29er for inspiration.

Re:

ibbz":7pgb14pu said:
looking good in regards spec idea.
I did much the same, chose a theme and a style and let it gradually change and evolve over time.
The pace forks are a very good choice. I;d like to se show it looks mate!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it evolve, also looking forward to seeing it with some pace rigid's. Il update with pictures as it changes, but the changes won't start for a while yet, need to raise some funds first.

mike_eb":7pgb14pu said:
How about stripping the paint at the back end and bottom bracket only? You could transition from the yellow with red bands. Have a look at the nahbs independent fabrications 29er for inspiration.
Nice idea, I like it. I've just checked out their bikes, some really nice stuff their.

Re:

I've been thinking about the build a fair bit today, when I got home from work I started looking into saddles a bit. I've always liked the classy looks of a brooks saddle. But I've never owned one. The reasons for this is the price and I've always been worried about the practicalities of them on a bike that is mainly used in wet and muddy conditions.
But with this planned build being predominantly used on Dry tracks it's made me start thinking of them again. So what are people's views on them? Anyone using one? Comfort? Worth the money?
Just a thought.

Never used a Brooks saddle, their range is lovely, pure class and I think the right one would look great.
what did you have in mind?
I think with the Brooks you should go for some boutique parts too, for that true boutique bespoke look. Royce, Paul, Brooks etc

Re:

Stripping the paint off!!??

Really......

These were available in raw finish, the painted bikes must be quite rare now, and it's such a nice paintjob too! Are you sure you want to do that to it?!

I'm sure someone would take that off you to build as per the catalogue, you could then hunt down a raw finish frame instead!

I could help you out with a WTB SST 98 saddle if you want to keep it original! :D

Re:

There was also a guy on here selling a NOS pair of continental traction pro tyres with the Orange stripe and tan walls too! :D

Re:

velofrog":1qs0daap said:
Stripping the paint off!!??

Really......

These were available in raw finish, the painted bikes must be quite rare now, and it's such a nice paintjob too! Are you sure you want to do that to it?!

I'm sure someone would take that off you to build as per the catalogue, you could then hunt down a raw finish frame instead!

I could help you out with a WTB SST 98 saddle if you want to keep it original! :D

I hear what your saying about the paint, but to be honest the paint is defiantly showing the fact that it is 14 years old and the lacquer is very patchy where the sun has had it. I think to get the frame repainted to factory fresh look would be very expensive and very difficult to do.
I had the same dilemma with my pace frame, do I keep it original or refinish it?? In the end I decided to keep that original.
Also I do love the raw ti finish.
Regards to the saddle thanks for the offer but it's not really what I'm looking for.

Bpool77":1qs0daap said:
http://www.brooksengland.com/catalogue-and-shop/saddles/touring+%26+trekking/Cambium+C17/

These are in stock,your link took me to a brown leather one?

Nice one thanks, these were sold out when I looked last weekend. Anyone using one of these??

Re:

I've made a start collecting some parts ready for the rebuild. Got some pace rc31 rigid's that should hopefully be get delivered tomorrow. Also got my handlebars today. Crank brothers cobalt 11 carbon small rise bars. Really happy with these. Il stick up some pics when I get a chance.
Still un decisive on what to do with the frame?? Full strip? Part strip?

Back