Raleigh Dyna-Tech Odyssey

No not me, however I've just picked up an Odyssey just like yours, and Im itching to get started on restoring her back to her former glory

Heres how I got her...
That’s brilliant - so pleased someone bought this for what it is to restore and not just for the parts.

After a year of searching I’ve ended up with one serviceable pair of the correct wheels and tyres for this bike……….as well as some odd rims and hubs that I will shift on. Told myself to wait for a pair but bought anything close as well hoping to make a pair.

Some fettling and cleaning was required as well as choosing the best condition QRs and cassette. The rear was out quite a bit, once I started to true it a few bent spokes became apparent, probably had a rear mech wrapped up in it at some point. Inevitably those bent spokes soon snapped once I tried to true further. The pile of spokes I hoard were able to help me out.

Next task will be to extract the bike these are for from the depths of the garage. Need less bikes or more space.

IMG_3560.jpeg IMG_3561.jpeg IMG_3562.jpeg

Ooh very nice 👌 never actually seen a decent pair of Genuine 26" Michelin Hi-Lites for sale! Those are minty fresh!

Im unsure why the font changed halfway through typing this? 🤔

Ooh very nice 👌 never actually seen a decent pair of Genuine 26" Michelin Hi-Lites for sale! Those are minty fresh!

Im unsure why the font changed halfway through typing this? 🤔
They don’t come up often, I had been searching for ages for another Dyna-Tech I have. It was genuinely a case of karma paying back, in this case very quickly. I had karma’d some Kona or Marin tyres to a member on here, the next day these came up on eBay from the same member who very kindly let me buy them at a great price. Wasn’t why I karma stuff but it came back!

Got the bike out and fitted these this morning. Almost catalogue correct now bar the pedals, and if you’re eagle eyed the brakes aren’t quite the right ones but close enough. You just know the cheapest way to get those pedals will be with a bike attached! For some it maybe doesn’t make sense trying to get one of these back to catalogue but it floats my boat!

IMG_3566.jpeg IMG_3567.jpeg IMG_3568.jpeg IMG_3569.jpeg IMG_3564.jpeg

Got the bike out and fitted these this morning. Almost catalogue correct now bar the pedals, and if you’re eagle eyed the brakes aren’t quite the right ones but close enough. You just know the cheapest way to get those pedals will be with a bike attached! For some it maybe doesn’t make sense trying to get one of these back to catalogue but it floats my boat!

View attachment 771674View attachment 771678View attachment 771681View attachment 771685View attachment 771687
Shes looking good with the new rubbers fitted 👌

Back