Raleigh Criterium 12 (Finished pics 3rd Dec)

Re: Raleigh Criterium 12 (pics so far 10th Nov)

Thanks all,

Well even thou I have suprised myself you were all right bit of graft and I think I'm happy to deem the seat post as saved.

Also polished up the 105 levers that were on it and cleaned up the original bottle cages with a bit of peroxide cream.

Re: Raleigh Criterium 12 (seat post saved 16th Nov P2)

Well done! It looks like you were able to polish out the zig-zag marks completely.

Yeah I'd say I got 95% of them out there are still a few little marks on the back of the post where it was really really deep but you virtully have to have your nose touching it to see them.

Well the Criterium is finished, and I have to say I love it. I know its not particularly a high end bike but I remember wanting one so bad as a 12 - 13 year old.

So whats been done:
Bike was striped down to frame so it could be cleaned, all components were cleaned and polished to within an inch of their lifes. New cables inner and outer as well as gear cables, new saddle, new bar tape, new decals, new wheels with retro style hubs and mavic decals (to keep it looking period) original skewers were kept. New water bottles and a new chain & new pedals (originals are kept and clean but I prefer to ride cliped in).
All other components are original to the bike just cleaned, the shimano rear mech and levers were kept because altough not what Raleigh fitted they are period and were up graded to the bike at some point so part of its history. Paint work is amazing conditon and all original.

Hope you like, as always feed back good, bad or indifferent welcome.

Re:

A nice tidy job there :cool: which is more than can be said for the garden...

I would drop the front mech a little as it looks a tad too high.

Back