Puncture Avoidance

02gf74":gzostm8z said:
if you are going to mess around with sealant in tubes, why not get rid of the tubes and go tubeless?

I did, and when it fails and you are stuck on the way home from work, arm deep in sealant and the stuff all over your bike/body/backpack, you wish you would have just stuck to tubes.

Just like i did!

FWIW i still have the rear wheel on my FSR running tubeless, but the front + both wheels on my Boardman are now tubes + sealant.

the 2 tyre trick is the best way, get a old slick tyre, cut off the beading so your left with the main bit of tyre and most of the sidewall

now place this inside your main tyre, fit your tubes and your done, can be a bit of a pain to get the tyres on at first but once on you wont need to remove em for quite awhile

i done this on my roadbike as i cover 20 miles a day 5 days a week in all weathers in a area with lots of thorns and glass, in 2 years ive not had one puncture

ive even had a real sharp peice of glass slash through the first tyre and into the 2nd and it held out until i got round to replacing the tyre 2 weeks later

only downside to this is the weight, its a little bit heavier than a normal tyre obviously but i dont mind as it beats changing a tube when its tipping down with rain

Back