Incompetent people!

Fourbikes

Dirt Disciple
I've just bought a wheel off eBay. It came complete with a tyre and inner tube. When I removed the tyre I noticed there was no rim tape. The inner tube has 24 (twenty four) patches on it, all on the outer side where the spoke holes have punctured it. The wheel looks completely unused (probably because air wouldn't stay in long enough to actually ride anywhere!). Whoever owned must have given up after repair number 24, thinking 'this is hopeless'.

At least it's given me a laugh.

Attachments

• IMG_20231125_092759.jpg
    IMG_20231125_092759.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 58
Must have been more patch than tube. I have to admit I've done that once, though after first puncture realised the error of my ways. 24 is just crazy.

I've just bought a wheel off eBay. It came complete with a tyre and inner tube. When I removed the tyre I noticed there was no rim tape. The inner tube has 24 (twenty four) patches on it, all on the outer side where the spoke holes have punctured it. The wheel looks completely unused (probably because air wouldn't stay in long enough to actually ride anywhere!). Whoever owned must have given up after repair number 24, thinking 'this is hopeless'.

At least it's given me a laugh.
So how early did they quit? 24 out of 28/32?

Heads off to patent “inner tube mounted rim tape”.

Last edited:
Back