Project build 2014+ Build completed Aug 2020

Re: Project build 2014+

Spear45":fhxubceo said:
Bars and stem next, Fsa seem to be the Pro's choice. Comments appreciated.

Maybe a bit 'out there' , but why not get a frameset, then choose stuff that like go with the frameset?
Otherwise you may end up with a load of bits that don't really suit anything.

Watching with interest though, see where this goes ;)

mike

Good comment but I have a spec which I'm going to build to,because of the overall cost I'm going to get the frame last.

Absolute nightmare with Wiggle today,just as my payment through PayPal was being processed their site crashed,payment now in limbo and order for rear mech cancelled. Bloody annoying to say the least.

After watching Richard Hammond break a Pinarello F8 on Top Gear I'll not be getting one..

Project update,
Rear mech now on its way,parts bought recently, top cap for frame,tubs,bottle cages,plus a deposit put down on frame,had a look at a few and gone for one which will suit the roads where I live plus sporty enough for sportives and the odd ten. Will post when I've paid for it.

The jewel in my collection of components so far..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,644

Update, purchased Super Record 11spd ergo power levers. Look stunning and the drivetrain is nearly complete. Still undecided on chainset but will be sorted in a couple of weeks. It's taking a while but the price of carbon components is expensive so I'd rather save and get the parts I want than make do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1,541
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,541
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,541

Update June 2015. The build has took a back seat recently due to work,house renovations and updates to my Greg Lemond. Build now 90% complete. Recently ordered some Speedplay pave pedals. All sundry items purchased just left to buy are the wheels and chainset. Campagnolo Super Record chainset it will be. The wheels will take some saving as I'm going for Lightweight which are expensive. Pics to follow.

Back