Problem With Purchase From A Retrobiker :-(

Careful packaging seems to be beyond some people doesn't it?

True, the Royal Mail does damage a lot of post/parcels I receive. Today I was handed a pile of soaking letters from the postie who'd been carrying them in his hand during a heavy rain shower. Clever boy, that one. Good job our clients don't mind re-writing cheques because the bank wouldn't have accepted what we received. But the point there is that both ends are willing to accept and move on, and it looks to me like the packaging wasn't up to the job in your case. From experience of eBay and the like, senders don't seem to appreciate the rigours a parcel has to go through to get to your front door.

Thanks for the comments so far :D

I don’t know if the seller has seen this thread – I haven’t had any contact with them since.

I might point them in it’s direction and see if they will reconsider or they may even want to add a comment ?

WD :D

It's an awkward situation isn't it , you obviously don't want to make an issue out of it ,but equally you have paid for goods which have not arrived in the condition you have hoped for.
The way I see it is if the item has been damaged in transit, the seller should try and reclaim costs from the PO, courier etc.

If the condition turns out to be worse than described, I think you should be entitled to your money back, me personally if things are not as I'd hoped I take the notion of : is it functional ? Would I be happy to hang it off my bike ,if the answer is no to one or more then I will contact the seller , generally people are a good bunch on here and willing to help /remunerate.

It's a judgement call for you really, problem with the feedback thread, I do wonder If I ever left bad feedback (after failed attempts of trying to sort the issue with buyer/seller ,whats to stop them leaving you bad feedback and ruining your reputation ? and loosing your gold trader status ?

:?

If the seller left bad buyer feedback I doubt goldtrader status would be reduced, it is more for buying. Announcing it here has provided some sort of protection from that too as we'll all know who it was :)

Looks like it's going to get sorted - post back and full refund :cool:

I will pack it very well and send it recorded :D

WD :D

Back