Presta vs Schrader

ekiborter":zbgbp52c said:
presta.

as mentioned further up the thread presta valves are designed to hold higher pressures.

;]

Trucks have Schraeder valves and run at 100-120 psi with 20 tons pressing down on them so thats that theory rubbished.

i fit what ever fits the rims but prefer schraeder as thats what most of my old shite came fitted with all those years ago.

Mr Panda":3jltm597 said:
Anyone have any spare YELLOW presta valve caps? Please? Contis used to come with them, but haven't been able to get any for a while.

Smile nicely in the LBS - they swapped some off Contis for me when I really wanted yellow for a project - they might have some lying around

They still do them I think. I have got some in the last few weeks 3 for 2 at Halfords. Quite narrow ones.

Dr S":7cksd42r said:
ekiborter":7cksd42r said:
presta.

as mentioned further up the thread presta valves are designed to hold higher pressures.

;]

Trucks have Schraeder valves and run at 100-120 psi with 20 tons pressing down on them so thats that theory rubbished.

i fit what ever fits the rims but prefer schraeder as thats what most of my old shite came fitted with all those years ago.

I stand corrected!

;]

Both! :LOL: Schrader on most of my bikes, but the wheels on one of them came with presta valves so they've stayed like that. Will get round to swapping them though - I don't really have a preference but it'd be nice for them to all be the same.

Back