Presta vs Schrader

I have always used schraeder , not sure why .

if i get rims for presta , i just drill them out .

Always use presta on everything,most of my rims are presta only + the amount of other riders that don't bring a spare tube on rides means my spare will always fit!
Also carry a valve extender with the road bike as I've been stranded with that one before,even on rims that didn't 'look' that deep :(

Presta because it is easier to spell and say.

Also it fits in both types of rims

Also you can use both types of pumps with the Alu adaptor.

Presta all the way. Much easier to use and good for my collection of different coloured presta dust-caps...

I always thought of Presta being the rodies choice in the past, but I have started using them more recently as they are easier to use.

i dont understand how presta are easier to use? you have to unscrew the tiny little "thing", then try not to break the valve sticky uppy bit while carefully pumping then remember to screw down the "thing" again. scraeder. fit pump. pump. remove pump.

what could be simpler

I use presta on everything, mainly because they will fit any rim. The only time I couldn't buy a presta tube I got a flat (on my air b latex, first one in years!) I discovered schrader didn't fit my rims the hard way.

But in the past 3 weeks I've knackered three presta tubes when pumping as the valve is so long it moved and tore while inflating with a hand pump. And I've bent untold "sticky uppy bits".

Serves me right for not getting a track pump, but not they're very handy to carry!

presta.

use the car valve on your car and the bike valve on your bike.

as mentioned further up the thread presta valves are designed to hold higher pressures.

I know we are all here for the retro love but I am soooo happy not to have to see woods valves anymore (dunlop valve to those who are really old) lol.

woods valves are like citron - 2cvs they have very nearly all disappeared.

;]

Back