Prescription Cycling glasses

I got my Oakleys reglazed with polarised lenses by Ciliary Blue for around 100 but that is with high indexed lenses. Fantastic job on them and enabled me to wear my old C wires again which fit perfect.

I got some Bolle wrapround type frames last year as I couldn't get away without prescription glasses on the bike any more but couldn't afford different types for different tasks. Very comfy and tight fitting enough to be good on the bike. I got them from a shop in Edinburgh that does seriously cheap deals on lenses. All in they came in at well under £100 which for prescription sunglasses from a well known manufacturer is cheap as chips.

I know you say you can't deal with contacts, but not all contacts are equal. I wear glasses normally but have a stock of daily disposables for riding with whatever eyewear I fancy on top. Obviously if there's some eye thing which makes any kind of contact a no-no then that's no use, but it might be worth looking into -- the technology's come on a lot in recent years :)

Back