Vernon Barker Cycles - a menace with a welder

Were does the adapter wire go to?
:D

No idea , just a pic from one of the many threads showcasing his skills ….

My Sister's ex was a welder, his TIG was sweet as fark
Also did MIG and ARC
he could pretty much weld anything

I suggest to settle this once and for all, Dave ought to take on d8mok's '98 Zaskar LE frame. This could perhaps be arranged in such a way as Dave tackles the frame without financial compensation but on the basis that the photos (or perhaps video, I for one would watch!) of the process could be uploaded as examples of the company's work & pending a satisfactory outcome, a positive review with link to this thread could be posted?

*ducks for cover*

Were does the adapter wire go to?
:D

Front light. That connector normally goes to a removable battery.

Sadly, the frame failed again (in a different place) a year later and I decided it wasn't worth trying to get it repaired again.

I've had a couple of frame repairs by VB, and always been happy with them as the bikes were work horses to me and meant to be ridden hard. They certainly couldn't be called pretty though.

I suggest to settle this once and for all, Dave ought to take on d8mok's '98 Zaskar LE frame. This could perhaps be arranged in such a way as Dave tackles the frame without financial compensation but on the basis that the photos (or perhaps video, I for one would watch!) of the process could be uploaded as examples of the company's work & pending a satisfactory outcome, a positive review with link to this thread could be posted?

*ducks for cover*

I’ve even tided it up a little now too.

It would be the ideal frame to show people what a welder is capable of. A great idea with a video too.

The crappy ugly weld needs taking back completely and then a nice neat weld to match the OE GT welds. Anyone can blob a big weld on a bike frame, but making it look like it’s never been repaired is the skill.

IMG_4818.jpeg IMG_4819.jpeg

Back