Anyone near Immingham/Scunthorpe to help send a bike?

nicklej

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Not sure if this is the right place for posting this but a bike I've waited to come up has finally done so but is blimming ages away. I don't drive and the distance isn't practical for getting the train.

Does anyone live near to Immingham/Scunthorpe who could help with getting a bike to me? I'm happy to pay of course. Or are there any services you recommend for doing so if the bike is not boxed?

Thanks
Jake

I'd be happy to collect etc. Link please though, nosey too haha
Oh blimey, thanks for the positive reaction, i may reconsider!

@FluffyChicken

So I originally saw the advert on facebook here and on ebay i have notifications set too so i then saw this link - look familiar?

Well the ebay ad right away was dodgy, doesn't have the exact same description but is listed as a similar location - i wrote the ebay ad off as a scam mainly because of the cover photo.

I asked the facebook seller if they listed it anywhere else, which they said no. I then asked the ebay guy to send pics of my name on a card with the bike in the photo to prove he had the bike and the response was comical "this is no spam mate", "the main pics are after the presentation photo and nowt to be suspicious of. look at my other items and feedback".

So right away i was then thinking, could it be the same bloke but chancing he might sell it for much more on ebay? (**side note, the original list was £2300 but has been reduced steadily) from their grammar i could tell it wasn't the same person and the facebook seller promptly came back to me in the morning with lots of extra pics and my name on a card in all of them so i know he does indeed have the bike and like most of us we had some bike related chat.

So kinda left this weird whos scamming who vibe in my head and maybe that just taints my thought process about the bike. If the bike was within a 3h train journey, i'd probably have given it a shot but i need about 7 train changes to get there and couldn't be bothered with that!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If you do end up buying it check the seat tube for cracks. Also check around the BB shell for wear. My son has/had the hi-mod version, maybe a year or two older than the one above, and the BB insert is now loose and wobbles about and it also has what looks like it could be a small crack in the seat tube although it never got any worse. From what I read the seat tube is a bit of a problem, well certainly with the year he has.

If you do end up buying it check the seat tube for cracks. Also check around the BB shell for wear. My son has/had the hi-mod version, maybe a year or two older than the one above, and the BB insert is now loose and wobbles about and it also has what looks like it could be a small crack in the seat tube although it never got any worse. From what I read the seat tube is a bit of a problem, well certainly with the year he has.
Yeah Cannondales do have this reputation. I've had two which have cracked but I'm a cannondale lover and I'd just have the frame repaired.

I have had the himod flash from 2010 and still have the one from 2013 and it's been great.

Back