Porsche FS Spec

LeeW

Dirt Disciple
Anyone have an idea what crankset was fitted to the late 90's Porsche FS MTB. Was it a carbon crank?
TIA

hi,
initially the Porsche FS had this iconic D.A.R.T cranks from Herman Blechtechnik, the company later producing the Hot Chili bikes.
1995 Porsche bikes brochure
Porsche Bikes 1995 4-5.jpg

Bike mag article introducing D.A.R.T
DART Herman Blechtechnik aus Typisch Deutsch Artikel aus Bike 1995_06.jpg

Porsche ad from 1996
Porsche Bike Ad aus Bike 1996_03.jpg

Later Porsche FS had regular XT cranks,
the Porsche FS Evolution, the one with the Spengle wheels, had indeed a nice carbon crank called in the brochure "Profile AlpinePro" cranks
2010 brochures (i found somewhere in the internet, there is no better resolution, sorry)
Porsche Bikes 2010 s10.jpg

As the evolution was produced by Storck, I'm pretty sure that the carbon cranks could be from Stork too.

Their Storck or Bike-Tech powerarms carbon cranks had been pretty good and popular
Bike-tech Storck Powerarms Kurbel aus BW1998.jpg

Last edited:
hi,
initially the Porsche FS had this iconic D.A.R.T cranks from Herman Blechtechnik, the company later producing the Hot Chili bikes.
1995 Porsche bikes brochure
View attachment 799984

Bike mag article introducing D.A.R.T
View attachment 799997

Porsche ad from 1996
View attachment 800001

Later Porsche FS had regular XT cranks,
the Porsche FS Evolution, the one with the Spengle wheels, had indeed a nice carbon crank called in the brochure "Profile AlpinePro" cranks
2010 brochures (i found somewhere in the internet, there is no better resolution, sorry)
View attachment 799996

As the evolution was produced by Storck, I'm pretty sure that the carbon cranks could be from Stork too.

Their Storck or Bike-Tech powerarms carbon cranks had been pretty good and popular
View attachment 800000
That's great research fella, thank you. I'm not sure how many iterations or years the FS was built or production numbers even. I understand Votec were the builders for Porsche. Would this be an XT crankset but with a black finish, which as we can see, isn't wearing very well. This is what is fitted to the bike I am looking at.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 08.07.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 08.07.05.png
    423.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 08.07.12.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 08.07.12.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 16
That's great research fella, thank you. I'm not sure how many iterations or years the FS was built or production numbers even. I understand Votec were the builders for Porsche. Would this be an XT crankset but with a black finish, which as we can see, isn't wearing very well. This is what is fitted to the bike I am looking at.
ah, this one
Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 08.07.05.png
is obviously the DART crank.

DART Hot Chili Ad aus Bike 1996_12.jpg

Just most common are the later models which had also CNC holes in the arm and where every chainring was already back in time with direct mount
DART 1.jpg

Steiner designed the bike

Still going and super helpful - I’ve got the main man’s email address somewhere but f you need it - he was super helpful and sourced some illusive parts for mine from old stock

Steiner designed the bike

Still going and super helpful - I’ve got the main man’s email address somewhere but f you need it - he was super helpful and sourced some illusive parts for mine from old stock
Wow, that's a treat. I do find people within the bike world super helpful so am not surprised that he would try and source things for an enthusiast

Back