Polishing Ti …

Just to add, if there are scratches that aren't too deep, elbow grease and a polishing agent like peek will do the job. This may sound odd but I've found wd40 pretty good at bringing out the shine.

If you've got some scratches that won't come out in the wash, you might need something stronger than a slightly abrasive polish initially, so some sandpaper or in my case, 3 grades of Scotchbrite will help remove all but deep scratches.

When i'm polishing resins, i always do the final stage with Colgate Max Whitening toothpaste on a foam pad with a spray bottle of water to keep it moving.. it works a charm! never tried it on Ti though

Far nicer polishes to try.

I like mothers mag polish currently.
There probably are and Mothers is good stuff. But Autosol et al works just fine.
As I said I’ve polished loads of Ti to an immaculate finish even using Brasso. No scratches whatsoever (as is so often claimed).

Honestly, there’s more BS spoken about polishing metals and all the equipment required than just about anything
Can’t people cope without endless expensive product and power tools anymore!

Last edited:
So what did you use and how long did it take?

It had a few scratches so i started with a coarse wheel on a drill. This removed most of them and evened out the frame in terms of finish.

Then only a cloth wheel, with a brown paste which gave it an even shine.

Then onto a soft wheel with blue paste to give it a shine

Then finished by hand using mothers.

Likely took about 10 hours (maybe a little more) but I kept not being unhappy with the finish so took a bit longer than it should

Back