Polishing a Pace RC200 F3.

Adrian at Pace told me to use Mer Car Polish, and that is what I have done with mine since new :cool:

polish.jpg

if you do want to strip the anodizing & polish it to a mirror finish, i wouldn't cos it's a pain to look after, certain brands of oven cleaner or very mild coustic soda (remember kids, add soda to water not eater to soda & do it outside in the fresh cos it's nasty!) will take it back to bare ally, it will be black, then set about it with mops on a drill you aren't going get upset about dieing. i would use auto glym metal polish as it is finer than auto sol, which is quite course. do expect black hands, face & snot!! having polished 1 motor bike frame, forks, engine cases etc I am NEVER doing it again, next one's getting powder coated.
treat your freshly polished frame to a rub down with baby oil (yes, really) & keep a bottle in the shed, it helps protect the bare ally & makes keeping on top of the finish as the last thing you want is for it to start pitting cos it will be a git to get out & the average bike tube isn't that thick.
hope i haven't tought anyone to suck eggs, just passing on the benifit of my experience........ but if it is anodised, do yourself a favour & leave it alone!

lou74":157ub95f said:
but if it is anodised, do yourself a favour & leave it alone!

If you use the correct non-abrasive polish you can polish anodizing that has faded and bring back the shine while keeping the colour and not affecting the protection the anodizing provides to the base material. It is not always necessary to strip the anodizing to get a high polished look even with clear (silver) anodizing.

Here are some results from the link I provided.

Before:

closeupbeforejc7.jpg

After:

finished1eg8.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

In the end as I don't have electric fangled polishing machines (i.e Dremal or mouse as in the link.

I took the least abrasive/harsh method I could think.

A quick wipe with degreaser and then a polish with Autoglym Super Resin polish.

It seemed to do the trick and has polished up nice! :cool:

Latest posts

Back