peugeot perthus pro

Re: Lovely

Jamiedyer":ijjh9rgo said:
Thats looking really nice.
Give us your ride impressions so we can hear how she rides.

Jamie

well ive been out on her a few times now, and my word she absolutely flies!! i had a go on my friends giant ocr3 to compare, and its probably the same wieght, possibly a tad lighter even, but the power goes down so much better. think the only the thing i might change is the stem as its bit of a stretch for me atm, i know its supposed to be like that, but i'd rather be comfy

stu

Steve Kish":1lji910o said:
Mavix CX18 - best tub rim ever! Far better than the standard GP4. Smart upgrade!

BTW, although only 18mm and supposed to be used with Wolber 18mm tubs, I've used these with all manner of 22 and 23mm tubs with no problems at all. As strong as the Mavic SSC rims but lighter. :cool:

thats good to hear, i wouldnt of known. ive got my eye on a set of gp4's on ebay anyway just for origionality. i did look around for some of the origional wolber tyres but only seemed to find them abroad, and with postage costs etc it was coming to over £150, but the continentals on there atm are very good, and also 22mm but fit fine, and were only a tenner each, bargain

GarethPJ":1ylom3rp said:
Nice. It's a shame, but I notice from the brochure that it originally had the leather straps. I've just sold a Peugeot from the same period with those straps. Could have done you a swap.

yes, i searched desperately for some leather straps, and only found them in america. although only $8 a pair it was another $45 for postage, so i thought the nylon ones would do until i could find some leather ones this side of the pond.

thanks for all your comments too :)

stu

small update:

DSC07704.jpg

:D :D :D

another small update, got me one of these:

DSC07788.jpg

a shimano 600 aero seatpost
it might not be exactly period perfect, but it is in perfect condition, box and instructions, never been used :) though now im not sure if i want to use it incase i ruin it, lol. maybe i'll wait til the rest of the bike is fully restored?

Back