Pets

He’s a handsome chap. Think it will be fascinating to see the extent of his roaming with the tracker on. I remember a documentary about cats and their territory/behaviour. Some go a lot further than people realise, there’s a hierarchy of male/female intact/speyed and age related. Your guy probably swinging his balls towards the top end of that!

Cat insurance was with animal friends, vet said it’s very uncommon for insurers to cover dental stuff in pets. It can be done but is expensive.

I’d also always been told tom cats spray, ours isn’t a Tom and sprays many select locations outside. Never known him spray indoors. There was that one time he shat on the rug xmas eve though. I discovered it in the dark, the hard way, xmas morning before the family came down.

View attachment 823340
Hahaha yes he’s got a big pair and swings em as he walks
I’ve noticed that he no longer wants to play much and has no interest in the laser pen or other toys except for perhaps a minute or or so.
I tracked him or rather we accompanied him half a mile away from the house - during which he squared off with a dog - hissing and growling !!! I took a video and screen shot his posture - the dog yelped off as the cat then prepared to attack! The two dog owners were amazed ! IMG_2005.jpeg

He’s a handsome chap. Think it will be fascinating to see the extent of his roaming with the tracker on. I remember a documentary about cats and their territory/behaviour. Some go a lot further than people realise, there’s a hierarchy of male/female intact/speyed and age related. Your guy probably swinging his balls towards the top end of that!

Cat insurance was with animal friends, vet said it’s very uncommon for insurers to cover dental stuff in pets. It can be done but is expensive.

I’d also always been told tom cats spray, ours isn’t a Tom and sprays many select locations outside. Never known him spray indoors. There was that one time he shat on the rug xmas eve though. I discovered it in the dark, the hard way, xmas morning before the family came down.

View attachment 823340
Love that picture !

I’m wondering whether common talk of having to snip Toms to stop them at some point spraying in the house may be taken with a pinch of salt. I don’t know and haven’t ever known anyone with an intact Tom

By the way I took the collar off. Pointless with the Apple AirTag being useless.
At least I know he tolerates the collar so going to get one of those Vodafone ones if I can find one for sale at a reasonable price

View attachment 823340
Handsome cat.

Petplan cover dental injury and illness. It's not the cheapest but the cover and service is excellent. We never had to make a claim until recently; the money was back in my account in two days flat. A subsequent £1,600 will go straight to the vet as a direct claim.

Handsome cat.

Petplan cover dental injury and illness. It's not the cheapest but the cover and service is excellent. We never had to make a claim until recently; the money was back in my account in two days flat. A subsequent £1,600 will go straight to the vet as a direct claim.
That’s very good service !
I’ve Sainsbury’s yet to make a claim but haven’t heard good feedback
Sid's had the two bricks yet he still squirts and has a massive pair of bump stops. Not like they were though :(
😂🤣 my cat wouldn’t ever forgive me if I gelded him.

That’s very good service !
I’ve Sainsbury’s yet to make a claim but haven’t heard good feedback

😂🤣 my cat wouldn’t ever forgive me if I gelded him.
He wouldn't even know after a couple of weeks and it's likely to solve his wanderlust.

Screenshot_20240223_090501_Firefox.jpg

We didn't get a choice with neutering. Sid was a stray that I invited in, Jo had to go out late at night for cat related supplies litter tray food etc. He was in a state and obviously not very well, a lot of hair missing from his abdomen and hind quarters. We took him to our local vet first thing the next day to check for a chip and medical attention. Jo put pictures all over facebook, no one claimed him and he wasn't chipped. He crapped in the cat basket on the way to the vets and in the vets poonami it was everywhere.
The vets took him in and also tried to find the owner. He was wormed, inoculated, neutered, checked for cat flu and feline aids. Proper full service and mot. The vets told us they as a rule re homed out of the area, but as we were visiting every other day for the 15 days he was in, we got to take him home. Edit iffy spelling :p

Last edited:
He wouldn't even know after a couple of weeks and it's likely to solve his wanderlust.

View attachment 823443
Who knows what animals think and know?
I understood the risks - him shooting off is one of the things i had to accept. I like this aspect - he’s a proper male cat with the mystery and aggression and independence cats have. Rather than being artificially passive. He comes and goes as he pleases - woke me up at 4am for his breakfast and then wanted me to let him out as he had to go to work 😂🤣
A lot of what they write is fear mongering. The ideology is to limit feline population - so most people (everyone I know) follows these methods and guidelines.

We didn't get a choice with neutering. Sid was a stray that I invited in, Jo had to go out late at night for cat related supplies litter tray food etc. He was in a state and obviously not very well, a lot of hair missing from his abdomen and hind quarters. We took him to our local vet first thing the next day to check for a chip and medical attention. Jo put pictures all over facebook, no one claimed him and he wasn't chipped. He crapped in the cat basket on the way to the vets and in the vets poonami it was everywhere.
The vets took him in and also tried to find the owner. He was wormed, inoculated, neutered, checked for cat flu and feline aids. Proper full service and mot. The vets told us they as a rule re homed out of the area, but as we were visiting every other day for the 15 days he was in, we got to take him home. Edit iffy spelling :p
Thanks for that and that was lovely and kind of you to do what you did - especially after the poonami (HAHAHHAA sounds a bit like Poonani)
Most people would’ve called the RSPCA and have him taken away.

Back