Retro newbie

Dirt Disciple
Hello. I registered a little over a year ago then wandered off…

Having wandered back in, I have a few questions.

- Are there any topics best avoided because they give the moderators headaches?

- Does going OT tend to annoy people here? From my look around so far, it seems to be tolerated fine, but as I'm particularly OT prone, any tips on the sort of threads to steer clear of would be appreciated.

- I don't have any really old bikes. Does the fact that I only use toeclips at least give me retro cred?

Welcome! I have found that few topics are off-limits as long as they're in the right forum -- ie if it is OT, then it should be in 'General & Off Topic Chat' -- as you have done here.

Hello. I registered a little over a year ago then wandered off…

Having wandered back in, I have a few questions.

- Are there any topics best avoided because they give the moderators headaches?

- Does going OT tend to annoy people here? From my look around so far, it seems to be tolerated fine, but as I'm particularly OT prone, any tips on the sort of threads to steer clear of would be appreciated.

- I don't have any really old bikes. Does the fact that I only use toeclips at least give me retro cred?

Stay clear of politics and religion, it is a bike forum after all, and also a family forum so worth bearing that in mind, apart from that there is a place for most things on here.

Welcome. I find this forum quite tolerant compared with some I've used over the years. General etiquette on forums I find is other than the usual 'behave yourself & respect others' is to think about what & where you are posting as well as not posting drivel-replies in For Sale/Wanted ads etc

Keep it positive & contribute to the community. The world is a better place with photos.

Respect other peoples opinions and don't start a bun fight. Keep posts friendly and light hearted and steer clear of trolling for religious, political and potentially personal digs. Keep to the forum rules and usually folk get along. Welcome by the way, and show is what bike or bikes you do have :)

show us what bike or bikes you do have

Cqwwzq6.jpg

Sabbath Aspire

V5OU5ct.jpg

Langster

IO2kkAZ.jpg

Dahon Presto Lite, sporting a short-lived bodge

FLSwDyT.jpg

Sabbath Aspire – as you can see, I took great pains to distinguish it from my other one

Keep posts friendly and light hearted

No problem.

The world is a better place with photos.

Totally agree.

3OUQvnk.jpg

Stay clear of politics and religion

53i2Omt.jpg

PS. I appear to have turned into a "Dirt Disciple". And I try to stay so clean.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back